OXYGEN Available !!

I am outraged about your decision to pull Lifetime and Lifetime Movie Network off the air. You are denying millions of viewers like me the programming I love and have come to depend on. There is no substitute for Lifetime. Lifetime not only offers great entertainment but critical and inspiring information that's essential to women and their families. Lifetime connects us to the resources and support we need, even offering lifesaving information, especially the hotlines and websites featured after the networks' movies and programs.
Your drastic actions suggest that you do not care about what women want and what's in their best interest. Please put Lifetime and Lifetime Movie Network back on the air! We want and deserve this programming. You are robbing women of their favorite channels and robbing their pocketbooks by making them pay for less. We will continue to speak out until you rectify this situation. I am going to encourage everyone I know who is a DISH subscriber to ask for a rebate and switch services.

mitchflorida said:
I am outraged about your decision to pull Lifetime and Lifetime Movie Network off the air. You are denying millions of viewers like me the programming I love and have come to depend on. There is no substitute for Lifetime. Lifetime not only offers great entertainment but critical and inspiring information that's essential to women and their families. Lifetime connects us to the resources and support we need, even offering lifesaving information, especially the hotlines and websites featured after the networks' movies and programs.
Your drastic actions suggest that you do not care about what women want and what's in their best interest. Please put Lifetime and Lifetime Movie Network back on the air! We want and deserve this programming. You are robbing women of their favorite channels and robbing their pocketbooks by making them pay for less. We will continue to speak out until you rectify this situation. I am going to encourage everyone I know who is a DISH subscriber to ask for a rebate and switch services.

This is a joke, right?

Iceberg said:
This is a joke, right?
LMAO :dev good one Ice.

mitchflorida
Sorry after all the hoopla around this. The only ones making fools of themselves are those touting the demise of Dish. I.E. you.

The whole dispute is that Life Time was trying to use its small viewer base to force an UNWANTED channel on the rest of us for a premium. That would have caused the $3 price bump to be $5 or more possibly. How many customer do think dish would have lost over that, more then there losing over dropping it and replacing it with Oxygen and Encore Love.

mitchflorida said:

Get over it allready Its just tv... :D...

Tvfan24/7 said:
Only good show Lifetime has is Unsolved Mysteries which is only on for two hours a day, the rest is just recycled stuff mixed in with melodramatic movies.
At least Oxygen has Talk Sex and some other interesting programming.:cool:
Unsolved Mysteries isn't recycled stuff? The host died almost 3 years ago, and he's still telling the stories!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0821041/

From the Press Release:

"Oxygen is a bold new network that is continually raising the bar in delivering important women's programming and entertainment"

Founded in 1998 according to the O website.
http://www.oxygen.com/basics/about.aspx

Reminds me of the NBC promos a few years back. They'd advertise reruns as "new to you" because nobody had seen the first runs...

mikew said:
From the Press Release:
"Oxygen is a bold new network that is continually raising the bar in delivering important women's programming and entertainment"
Founded in 1998 according to the O website.
http://www.oxygen.com/basics/about.aspx
Reminds me of the NBC promos a few years back. They'd advertise reruns as "new to you" because nobody had seen the first runs...

Right, but when NBC did it, it was obviously just a marketing gimmick. Everybody knew that they were re-runs. I see nothing wrong with that, but to call the Oxygen a "bold new network" is dishonest

Hey Fine Living was a great add (Let's hear it for The Thirsty Traveller). My wife has been ecstatic. Times she has watched either of the Lifetime channels in the last year (per her)...... Zero. Times she has watched Fine Living? At least once a day...... We'll see what Oxygen brings.....

This one could take a year for all we care....... Thanks Lifetime. We wouldn't have gotten these other channels without your greed and attempted extortion!

Tvfan24/7 said:
The thing that really made me support Charlie was when Lifetime started partnering with the women's groups. Just showed how desperate they were and pathetic.

I totally agree. Does the feminist movement have no other pressing items on their agenda? By no means do I consider myself a chauvenist, but I don't think that making the Lifetime issue a major part of the feminist platform is exactly a great move.

The wife has the day off due to the holiday, she just tried to watch Oxygen, she said nothing good on that channel, I want Lifetime back.

Do they still have those "Barker" channels uplinked, in case Dish pulls the Hearst owned ABC Local Stations (I think I remember seeing an uplink report weeks ago about that).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)