P S B - Help!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Even though you have a standard Ku band LNB? Good Luck, hope it works, stranger things have happened!

Some tech he turned out to be. I thought it was strange also. No difference, other than the LEVEL % actually decreased. I don't think he knew what he was talking about. I have uninstalled the entire system, and will call them in the AM about returning it since there tech could not help any bit (and I will share with them my questions as to their tech's knowledge telling me to set receiver LNB option to Universal 2, as well as my suspicion that I was possibly shipped a bad motor).

Oh yeah, as to the motor, I noticed when I tried adjusting dish elevation today, and decided to check cable connections to and from the motor, that the connection for the motor to accept cable to the LNBF is ever so slightly bent (as if, squeezed with a pair of pliers by an assembly line's robotic arm) and that my cable's connector was not threaded onto that post. With a slight (and boy do I mean slight) tug, cable would come right off. Tried again and again to make a snug connection onto the motor with the cable from the LNB, no dice.

Its strange that I am able to control the motor, get a decent LEVEL % (PSB - Your initial comments about getting level from a wall were apparently quite intuitive), but perhaps not be able to get QUALITY % because of bent cable connection post.

Could this be my problem PSB?????

Its hard to say without seeing it, I have seen smaller things cause bigger problems. You should go back to the start and remove the motor from the equation and just simply try to get one satellite at a time, just to get use to it, then move on to another satellite store it and move on, the motor can be added when you have two or three satellites stored in memory and you are more comfortable with the system, it will be much easier that way, hope you don't give up.......you will be missing out on all the upcoming political conventions.......hey there is also the lawyers channel up there on FTA satelllite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)