P3.09 going FULL PHASE Today(June 6th)

Considering VOD managed to jump in priority over NBR which was on the waiting list for 3 years and VOD for 3 months, I think NBR is a thing of the past for these boxes. E*, suprise me on this statement!

BobMurdoch said:
OK, now that the 5xx update is out, the techs can devote the full might and resources of the Engineering Dept. towards stabilizing the 921, right?

Fixed. ;)

I thought they said the 501 wouldn't get VOD because of the small hard drive.

I wish I could turn off this VOD, seems my hard drive is never getting a break now. I have one in th bedroom and now I can turn off the unit, and withing a minute the hard drive is spinning back up to download the vod ( I assume thats what is happening). It is still on when I get up. Same with the one in the living room.

I've always been amazed that you guys can hear your DVR's. I've always had better hearing that most people and I can't hear it. How close to the thing are you?

VOD isn't activated yet so I don't know what you think it could be doing...

I've got very good hearing, I can hear flyback's on a lot of tv's (most annoying). I even have an emerson tv that I can still hear when its on Mute.

Anyways, I'm about 10 feet from the machine in the bedroom. I'm thinking of mounting it in the closet and use wireless video transmitter.

Purogamer said:
<...>

VOD isn't activated yet so I don't know what you think it could be doing...
It's does ! Both 508 and 510 have it now. A picture taken from 508.

Attachments

• 508VODp309b.jpg
    508VODp309b.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 98
I just checked, 2 of the 4 are available...and unless you ordered brokeback mountain, again I don't know what you think your hdd is doing in regards to VOD. It's either downloading or it's not...

Well i'm on a 510 so if anyone should be able to watch bowfinger, it should be me...

What lame movie choices these 4...

Edit: Bowfinger is now available, I can finally get some sleep now!!

Though I must say, I find the length of the movies to be a little strange...

Attachments

• Image5025.jpg
    Image5025.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Why in the world is there no way to disable VOD? I don't rent movies (never even connected a phone line), but pay-per-view is pretty common knowledge. What exactly is the difference between pay-per-view and VOD when you have a DVR to record the movie to? The difference for me is that I just lost a chunk of my disk drive, whether I want this or not (definitely not in my case). VOD looks to me like a marketing decision to solve a problem nobody was having. In the mean time, my disk runs, gets warm, and presumably lowers it's life expentancy. Boo Hiss! Give me an out!

This 3.09 upgrade has been really ticking me off.

Ever since the upgrade, when I hit the 'info' button on the remote. the bar up top will appear, but now instead of the show information, I just get a 'no info' message on every channel.

If I hit the guide button everything is there, but I liked the info button because it tells how much time is left ect.

If I leave it on for awhile, eventually the info will appear, but this never happened before this upgrade. Makes me mad that an upgrade software screws something up, that has been working fine since the day I got the 508.

Ya know, I seem to remember a lot of people SCREAMING to get rid of 3.08...well, you wanted an upgrade, and you got one. Take your lumps...

The only problem I have with this is when I first looked at it, and brokeback mountain was on the right of the screen. When I looked at it the other day it was on the left and unavailable. You mean it had to download a movie AGAIN? You'd think it could download it once, leave it there while it shuffled the box cover around the screen, but apparently it's got to re-download it every time they change the lineup. Talk about inefficient...

I had no problems with 3.08, and even if other people did. The next release should not have more problems then the last.

Dish should not use thier end customers for beta testing of their software. Bugs like this should NEVER make it to the customers, especially on units that have been working fine for years.

I had no problem with 3.08 either, but then again I had no problem with 3.04...Don't blame me, I never asked for this "VOD"...just wait until they cater to the people screaming for NBR and the problems that will bring. They just got VOD right out, they admit NBR is a headache. Can't wait until they pass the headache to us instead of fix it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)