P3.09 going FULL PHASE Today(June 6th)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
HTML:
cdoyle said:
I had no problems with 3.08, and even if other people did. The next release should not have more problems then the last.

Dish should not use thier end customers for beta testing of their software. Bugs like this should NEVER make it to the customers,
HTML:
especially on units that have been working fine for years.
A Men Brother!

cdoyle said:
I had no problems with 3.08, and even if other people did. The next release should not have more problems then the last.

Dish should not use thier end customers for beta testing of their software. Bugs like this should NEVER make it to the customers, especially on units that have been working fine for years.
You are obviously new to Dish Network S/W. :D

Missing INFO data is a minor annoyance, and it doesn't bother me at all compared to some of the problems that 921 / 622 and other DVR owners have experienced. Do a search to discover details on users who have lost all their timers, lost all their recordings, etc. I notice that the new DirecTV R15 isn't so great, either.

Not to excuse Dish entirely for missing an obvious bug, but the 5xx receivers are arguably the most reliable DVRs available right now. And BTW, I don't want NBR either - this has the potential to *really* screw up the 5xx receivers.

Last edited:
I agree that the missing info banner is a minor annoyance, but you even admitted to all the other problems associated with their software. I again have to agree with cdoyle. After the release of p309 I have set my boxes not to except any further downloads. I know this is not a permanent solution but at least I can stall the next problem for a while. NBR no thankyou Dish. I am not against Dish, I am a customer but their reputation for bad boxes and software is deserved.

Honestly, I don't want NBR in my 50x receivers. Specially since it's taken them over 2 years to write the code and they still haven't release it. They've probably been having problems and knowing the reputation they have with software updates, we'll be having problems when they release it.

So, NO NBR please.

Is anyone else experiencing extra long "acquiring satellite" times? My 508 seems to take a really long time on check 2 now. It is fed by an SW64 with three single-dual LNBFs, all legacy equipment.

You sit there are wait for it? Dear god why...Just turn it off, let it sit for at least 3 minutes, and then turn it on. Should be ok. It will take at least that long to do the process and download the guide anyways, so just leave it be...

My 510 has worked flawless (for 2 years straight!) UNTIL the v309 update. Now, timers fail to start, freeze during recording or the DVR freezes for no reason. So Dish takes my perfectly good DVR and screws it up just so I can get to their pushy list of PPV movies. Nothing like pissing off a happy customer huh Dish!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts