P3.09 going FULL PHASE Today(June 6th)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
06/06/2006: 1131 Software Version P3.09 for DVR 501/508/510
Effective Tuesday, June 6th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version P3.09 for the DVR 501/508/510 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time P3.09 will be the valid software version for the DVR 501/508/510.

Hope it calms down some people out there.

bxl4 said:
Can anyone yet confirm that VOD as implemented in 3.09 does not use up any DVR recording space? Thanks.

VOD menus are active, VOD is not ready on this release.

HD space already reserved, as already stated

I am now all better now with 309 code!!!!!!

No more 110 dropout or only even or odd transponders.

After several long nights of trouble shooting, one software patch and it is all better.

Amazing that when I called dish a few nights ago they wanted to send me a new box, reading Satguys let me know others were having the same issue with 110, my wife was going to kill me if it didn't get resolved quickly :-0

she even called tonight just before the it took the software upgrade and got some credit on the bill for our troubles.

bxl4 said:
Can anyone yet confirm that VOD as implemented in 3.09 does not use up any DVR recording space? Thanks.
YES. I checked the time remaining before and after the VOD movies were downloaded. There is no change in time.

It's never been 100% accurate though. I've noticed that when I delete a 2 hour program, it would free up 3 hours and 15 minutes, etc...

It's not perfect, and nobody trusts dish's techs, so blah...

I got the update notice yesterday afternoon but didn't download it until this morning. Seems to work fine, though I fixed my problems long ago. Hope the 666 release fixes all your good moral DVR's...:devil:

Purogamer said:
Hope the 666 release fixes all your good moral DVR's...:devil:

I can't pick up Sky Angel, but it recorded a few horror movies and The Devil in Miss Jones without a hitch!

(Note: The previous line was purely for comedic purposes only and has no basis in reality. The Devil in Miss Jones wasn't on Extacy last night...)

I already hate the two button to get to "My Recordings" change..... I don't suppose they would make it a user preference to jump straight to my recordings list. VOD is a waste. Why do I want to record old movies for $3.99 when I can do that off of the premium channels already?

Of course you don't have a choice to get rid of that. That's a premium service with high value to all dish network cust....cough, GET OUT OF MY HEAR CHARLIE!!!

It's annoying but it's not that bad...I'm so disappointed that I can't order Bowfinger on demand...I NEEDZ IT NOWZ!!!

OK, now that the 5xx update is out, the techs can devote the full might and resources of the Engineering Dept. towards stabilizing the 622, right?

Yeah, I'm sure they are on top of things......

On the positive side, Deal or No Deal off the NYC NBC HD feed Monday looked great and didn't glitch. ESPN HD though keeps glitching for some reason...

BobMurdoch said:
OK, now that the 5xx update is out, the techs can devote the full might and resources of the Engineering Dept. towards stabilizing the 622, right?
No way! Now they can deliver that 5xx NBR that Charlie promised:D

oh god no...3.09 works, LEAVE IT ALONE!!!

BTW, how do we just randomly skip numbers? Can you imagine in 10 years if you've got software version 127.54? How dumb. In the office they should call these 3.08a, 3.08b, etc...while they're fixing it. When it's ready to go, they move to the next number which is 3.09.

I just wonder how I went from, if I recall, 3.01 to 3.04, and then 3.04 to 3.08 to 3.09. Makes no f**king sense...

Mission incomplete

BobMurdoch said:

Yeah, I'm sure they are on top of things......

On the positive side, Deal or No Deal off the NYC NBC HD feed Monday looked great and didn't glitch. ESPN HD though keeps glitching for some reason...
Not so fast "Techies", PR and AK still have a 110 glitch

Note the sarcasm of my original post...... The "midrange" PVRs seem to be fairly stable, but their flagships never work as advertised. The original Dishplayer, the 721, the 921, and now the 622. ALL were highly anticipated, ALL were groundbreaking in one way or the other, and all were seriously lacking in the reliability department. Most had features promised that died on the vine. The Dishplayer was supposed to get updated games (Remember the great You Don't Know Jack games they had on them, the Doom shareware version, etc.). They wound up killing them entirely. The 721 was supposed to have internet access. Uh uh. The 921 was supposed to have firewire support. They killed that. The 622 held the promise of Solid Mpeg4 performance. We get faux Mpeg4 for some channels (Mpeg2 with Mpeg4 headers to make sure the 921 owners can't see it) to force people to upgrade.

We, the early adopters willing to spend $500-1000 for receivers keep getting hosed. I can't believe it is three months later and they can't even get the audio sync right. Do what they did with the earlier version... build in a 5 second buffer and be done with it already..... Live TV is unwatchable without reboots, skip backs (followed shortly thereafter by annoying dialog boxes when you wind up having to change the channel).

I tried watching Filmfest HD last night and gave up do to massive pixellation issues. There was a light rain here in NJ, but the standard channels were unaffected.

E*, we are used to you being the company with "issues" when it comes to reliability, but there has to be a minimum level of competency even by your standards. Although my 921 occasionally burped on a recording (ZSRs etc.), it always played it back just fine once it recorded it. The 622 aspires to be a 921 in playback quality (shudder) right now.

Cool! My 508 is now working again with the 110. There is no VOD active on it. My 510 seems to have it working, but I didn't want to order a movie. I couldn't even get into the menu on the 508. I really don't need VOD, but it sounds like they won't release NBR until the VOD is rolled out and working.

Is NBR still on board in the next release or two now that VOD is rolling????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts