Pac-12 Network

Just spoke with DISH loyalty and changed my multi sport sub to 3 mo. Free because Hawaii will not get the HD feed.

I said many times , I would rather have the HD feed rather than any discount.

Basically, it was, "sorry, no HD for you"

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Just spoke with DISH loyalty and changed my multi sport sub to 3 mo. Free because Hawaii will not get the HD feed.

I said many times , I would rather have the HD feed rather than any discount.

Basically, it was, "sorry, no HD for you"

Not sure if a six foot dish is an option for you, but that's what it takes for Alaska to get the other sports and premium channels.

AKGolf said:
Not sure if a six foot dish is an option for you, but that's what it takes for Alaska to get the other sports and premium channels.

I think a 6 foot dish on my roof would either remove my roof when the trade winds gust -or- my house would lift off its post & pier construction :)

I think a 6 foot dish on my roof would either remove my roof when the trade winds gust -or- my house would lift off its post & pier construction :)

It sounds like the ground is also out of the question.

AKGolf said:
It sounds like the ground is also out of the question.

Yes unfortunately. Property lots are small here - at least for us peons.

Living here is nice but I miss the space I had in Oregon. Back there I had full wave 80meter ham radio antenna, etc. My old C band satellite dish took a small corner of my lot back there. Here it would dwarf my house!

Brings back memories though. Before I got DISH in the 90's, had to hand crank the C band solid dish to hit the different satellites. This was before movie channels started scrambling their signals.

First network I ever had to pay for was CNN so we could watch coverage of the first US/Iraq war. This was even though we could at times catch raw satellite footage zooming in on ground locations with no audio accompaniment. You just had to figure out what you were seeing.

How far we've come to now be concerned about getting HD feeds of our favorite college football teams :)

osu1991 said:
There is some soccer and volleyball listed in the guide during the week for the HD channel

Good news! I am looking forward to PAC12 volleyball as well as football and men's basketball. What's not clear is - if there are several games at the same time (such as soccer/volleyball/whatever else) - will we get alternate DISH feeds?

Based on published info, only football and select MEN'S BASKETBALL will be in HD on DISH.

Unfortunately, folks in Hawaii and Alaska will only receive PAC12 in SD.

An older explanation of why this happens is from a faq I found about the error messages we receive when we try to access an HD channel that shows in our guides as unlocked and available:

High definition Information for Dish Network

If you receive a 015(complete signal loss) or a 002 (partial signal loss) try these steps for a 722/211 receiver
There are a handful of premium movie channels (hbo, starz, show time, and cinemax) that Alaska and Hawaii do not receive due to Alaska and Hawaii only receiving spot beams off of the 129 conus. If you are unable to view the channel please try and view the show in standard definition. (We do receive channels 300, 340, 351, 352, 318, and 319 in high definition on the premium movie channels)
If your screen says 015 (complete signal loss) press the menu button on your satellite remote and select option 1 (program guide) and select another channel

Good news! I am looking forward to PAC12 volleyball as well as football and men's basketball. What's not clear is - if there are several games at the same time (such as soccer/volleyball/whatever else) - will we get alternate DISH feeds?

Based on published info, only football and select MEN'S BASKETBALL will be in HD on DISH.

Unfortunately, folks in Hawaii and Alaska will only receive PAC12 in SD.

An older explanation of why this happens is from a faq I found about the error messages we receive when we try to access an HD channel that shows in our guides as unlocked and available:

High definition Information for Dish Network

If you receive a 015(complete signal loss) or a 002 (partial signal loss) try these steps for a 722/211 receiver
There are a handful of premium movie channels (hbo, starz, show time, and cinemax) that Alaska and Hawaii do not receive due to Alaska and Hawaii only receiving spot beams off of the 129 conus. If you are unable to view the channel please try and view the show in standard definition. (We do receive channels 300, 340, 351, 352, 318, and 319 in high definition on the premium movie channels)
If your screen says 015 (complete signal loss) press the menu button on your satellite remote and select option 1 (program guide) and select another channel

I live in Alaska and I get the PAC12 channel in HD.

AKGolf said:
I live in Alaska and I get the PAC12 channel in HD.

Where do you get it? Here in Hawaii, 413 does not give the HD signal. Nor do the HD Alt feeds.

I called DISH and they gave me 3 months multi sport free to make up for the fact we don't get HD.

Where do you get it? Here in Hawaii, 413 does not give the HD signal. Nor do the HD Alt feeds.

I called DISH and they gave me 3 months multi sport free to make up for the fact we don't get HD.

I live in Anchorage. I have three dishes, a small one pointed at 110, a medium one pointed at 119 and a six footer pointed at 129. The six footer allows me to get more of the premium channels(HBO etc.) in HD along with more of the regional sports channels, and NBA League Pass.

Hawaii depends on spotbeams and unless extraordinary measures are used you cannot see conus beams off satellites.

If the channel is not on the spot beam you can't get it.

Saturday morning arrived. Even though I live in California and have AT250 I still only had the free preview 413 in SD. So I called Dish to complain. The CSR agreed I should be getting it in HD. She had me try resetting the receiver. That didn't work of course. Then she passed me up to Tier 2. The lady there also agreed I should be getting Pac-12 in HD. She tried having me re-download the guide. Of course that didn't work. She tried sending several commands (no details on what they were) but nothing worked. After a total of 45 minutes on the phone with them, she and her supervisor threw in the towel. They were convinced I was entitled to Pac-12 in HD but could not figure out how to give it to me. Finally, out of desperation, they gave me the multisport pack for free for a year. Instantly 413 in HD appeared in my guide. Also the alternate channels (both SD and HD) appeared. The PQ on both the Oregon and the UCLA games was great. I got lucky! Who knows what will happen in a year if I cancel the multisport pack. Is there some problem with my account? Or is it in fact the case that only people with the multisport pack get Pac-12 in HD?