Pac-12 Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sat morning this was a problem however they fixed the HD problem for most people later that evening...in time for the two late games. See my earlier post.

The past two nights, I have watched volleyball games on Pac12. I see that they are advertised in HD (and in the program guide) but the screen says "check back later to see if game is in HD". Curious if anyone else has had this problem.

Sometimes they have started out that way, but the HD feed does come through eventually. I'm not sure if this is some sort of bandwidth issue with Dish or not.
The past two nights, I have watched volleyball games on Pac12. I see that they are advertised in HD (and in the program guide) but the screen says "check back later to see if game is in HD". Curious if anyone else has had this problem.

That is my concern as well especially with the digital rights that dish hasn't launched yet. I'm hoping that just right package is all that will be needed in the end, but since I have 6 free months of the multi-sport pack I don't have to worry about it yet. I'm hoping to be able to drop that extra package and because I live in the right area and have a high enough package still be able to keep the HD signal and the digital rights without the need for the multi-sports pack too.
Saturday morning arrived. Even though I live in California and have AT250 I still only had the free preview 413 in SD. So I called Dish to complain. The CSR agreed I should be getting it in HD. She had me try resetting the receiver. That didn't work of course. Then she passed me up to Tier 2. The lady there also agreed I should be getting Pac-12 in HD. She tried having me re-download the guide. Of course that didn't work. She tried sending several commands (no details on what they were) but nothing worked. After a total of 45 minutes on the phone with them, she and her supervisor threw in the towel. They were convinced I was entitled to Pac-12 in HD but could not figure out how to give it to me. Finally, out of desperation, they gave me the multisport pack for free for a year. Instantly 413 in HD appeared in my guide. Also the alternate channels (both SD and HD) appeared. The PQ on both the Oregon and the UCLA games was great. I got lucky! Who knows what will happen in a year if I cancel the multisport pack. Is there some problem with my account? Or is it in fact the case that only people with the multisport pack get Pac-12 in HD?

MSHAW2715 said:
Sometimes they have started out that way, but the HD feed does come through eventually. I'm not sure if this is some sort of bandwidth issue with Dish or not.

Thanks for the heads up. Watching OSU - UCLA volleyball in HD right now. Looks great. Wish it was full time HD.

MSHAW2715 said:
That is my concern as well especially with the digital rights that dish hasn't launched yet. I'm hoping that just right package is all that will be needed in the end, but since I have 6 free months of the multi-sport pack I don't have to worry about it yet. I'm hoping to be able to drop that extra package and because I live in the right area and have a high enough package still be able to keep the HD signal and the digital rights without the need for the multi-sports pack too.

I keep reading rumors on Twitter that Pac12 still wants to be offered as an a la carte package with all of their networks. Not sure how true that is but for me (in Georgia) I either need the right package, multi sport or for it to be offered a la carte. It's definitely my favorite channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)