Pac-12 Network

The announcement says that the OSU game will be on chan 413. It's not in my guide yet, I'll keep an eye on it. Also, it's supposed to be a free preview for all Dish customers this weekend. Yippie!

Cheers

Good to hear for the local and other PAC 12 fans For those outside of the PAC 12 area multisport is loading up

From a marketing standpoint intresting part of the deal looks like some exclusive marketing with dish

I'll be waiting for it to come online also. The big question is..will it be in HD? I'll let you all know. No sleep til Brooklyn for me tonight.

No HD according to this site:

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_...zona-football-game-free-for-current-customers

"The multi-year deal makes DISH the only TV provider showing the OSU football game in Oklahoma. The game will air live in standard definition on channel 413 beginning at 9:30 p.m. A high definition broadcast is not offered. "

This is great!!! Thanks Dish. I wonder if Dish is carrying all 7 Pac12 networks? All the announcements keep using Pac12 Networks (plural). I wonder if the regional versions are in HD and what package they are if it's true?

Just showed up in my guide. Womans soccer on now. Does not look horrible for SD, but HD would be better.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

thechaz05 said:
Just showed up in my guide. Womans soccer on now. Does not look horrible for SD, but HD would be better.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Same here. Doesn't look bad and rather have it than not. Great job, DISH! :)

I am very excited and pleased... about something else. But I'm also excited and pleased that Dish is carrying Pac-12 Network now. Way to go Dish! I hope they make it HD soon -- that would be even better. But I have to admit that this is way better than not getting it at all. If anybody sees multiple feed coverage of the regional games, please let us know what channel to find it on. Last night I went to bed worried that I'd miss all the Big 10 games. Not only are they apparently keeping B10, but now I get the Pac-12 games too. It feels like Christmas morning!

Here is your TV schedule and rapid-fire preview!

TWit-Pac on your television (all times Arizona/Pacific):
Date Away Home Time TV
Fri Sep 7 Utah Utah St. 5 p.m. ESPN2
Sat Sep 8 E. Washington WSU 12 p.m. P12N
Sacramento St. Colorado 12 p.m. P12N
Southern Utah Cal 12 p.m. P12N
USC Syracuse 12:30 p.m. ABC/ESPN2
Wisconsin OSU 1 p.m. FX
Fresno St. Oregon 3:30 p.m. P12N
Washington LSU 4 p.m. ESPN
Nebraska UCLA 4:30 p.m. FOX
Oklahoma St. ARIZONA 7:30 p.m. P12N
Illinois ASU 7:30 p.m. ESPN
Duke Stanford 7:30 p.m. P12N

Now we see the hole in the “Every game will be on TV!” proclamation. Three games are scheduled to start at noon Pacific on Saturday and all will be carried by the Pac-12 Networks. Which game will you get if you live outside Washington, Colorado/Utah or northern California? It’s like Russian roulette where the bullet is a game featuring Sacramento State.
Dan

Not sure what the plan for the regionals is. This is from the Pac12 site:

"Customers who get Pac-12 Networks on DISH will receive the national network. The regional networks will not be available on television, but DISH and Pac-12 Networks are working to make them available online via Pac-12 Now."

However, this is from the announcement:

"The games available to DISH subscribers today include:

• Sacramento State at Colorado, 12:00 p.m. PT, Ch. 445
• Eastern Washington at Washington State, 12:00 p.m. PT, Ch. 446
• Southern Utah at California, 12:00 p.m. PT, Ch. 413
• Fresno State at No. 4 Oregon, 3:30 p.m. PT, Ch. 413
• No. 18 Oklahoma State at Arizona, 7:30 p.m. PT, Ch. 413
• Duke at No. 25 Stanford, 7:30 p.m. PT, Ch. 445"

It looks like they are going to use overflow to show all the games.

Not sure what the plan for the regionals is. This is from the Pac12 site:

"Customers who get Pac-12 Networks on DISH will receive the national network. The regional networks will not be available on television, but DISH and Pac-12 Networks are working to make them available online via Pac-12 Now."

However, this is from the announcement:

"The games available to DISH subscribers today include:

• Sacramento State at Colorado, 12:00 p.m. PT, Ch. 445
• Eastern Washington at Washington State, 12:00 p.m. PT, Ch. 446
• Southern Utah at California, 12:00 p.m. PT, Ch. 413
• Fresno State at No. 4 Oregon, 3:30 p.m. PT, Ch. 413
• No. 18 Oklahoma State at Arizona, 7:30 p.m. PT, Ch. 413
• Duke at No. 25 Stanford, 7:30 p.m. PT, Ch. 445"

It looks like they are going to use overflow to show all the games.

Thanks for the information. That's great news. I was hoping they would use the sports alternate channels to show the simultaneous games. Maybe eventually they'll have a setup like BTN with several dedicated alternate game channels. Or they might just continue using the spots alt channels. Either way I'm glad they're not ignoring the non-national feed games.

Figures Dish would add the PAC after I go to Comcast and subscribe for the short term.
Luckily there is a 30 day money back clause.
I kept Dish knowing some sort of deal would be worked out.
However Dish really needs to get the HD feed. There's a huge difference between the two.

GO DUCKS!

Huge difference between the two (HD vs SD) is the understatement of the year. SD only? Are you kidding me? The SD PQ is so poor I can't believe the football fans here aren't creating more of a stink. As much as I love the Pac-12 games, especially ASU, I'd rather watch a different game in HD than any game in SD. I moved into the 21st century some time ago. I choose not to go back in time to the 20th century.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts