Pac-12 Network

Just saw them interview the AD for Stanford and he said..."We keep getting good news...Last night we got great news that the dish network will be filming many of our competitions and with that exposure we get to tell our story"

Looks like Dish and the Pac-12 are on very very good terms...everyone involved with the pac-12 channel keep referencing Dish

Well it looks like some of our cards and letters helped. Received a personal email from Dish indicating "you will be happy to hear Dish reached an agreement with the PAC12 today"
so there I was visiting my son in law watching the Ducks vs. Fresno on his cable, when all of a sudden a 2 second Dish commericial appeared which said "You asked for it, you got it"
I could'nt figure it out it was so quick, so getting on my cell, I looked up the PAC12 which referred me to the Sacramento Bee, which had the details in there newpaper 1 hour old
Life is now sweet again!

Well it looks like some of our cards and letters helped. Received a personal email from Dish indicating "you will be happy to hear Dish reached an agreement with the PAC12 today"
so there I was visiting my son in law watching the Ducks vs. Fresno on his cable, when all of a sudden a 2 second Dish commericial appeared which said "You asked for it, you got it"
I could'nt figure it out it was so quick, so getting on my cell, I looked up the PAC12 which referred me to the Sacramento Bee, which had the details in there newpaper 1 hour old
Life is now sweet again!

A "personal" email, huh? :haha

I know many of us tend to complain vociferously when we don't like what Dish does. So in this case, I think we owe Dish a big "Thank you!" for listening to your customers and fans who wanted PAC-12. And with the likelihood of adding HD by next week, that makes it even sweeter. I didn't see this addition coming, so it was a very nice surprise.

Now that we have PAC12 net on DISH (thank you DISH for getting it done!), future scheduling is the question mark.

From everything I've read, DISH will not be carrying the regional networks - only the main network on 413.

The question I have is, will DISH still carry games that would be on the regional channels on the ALT channels as happened this past weekend? Or will we be expected to see regional games on computer devices only once DISH and PAC12 get that working?

This article explains the rationale of how yesterday's channel assignments were made so the game references are out of date. However, it gives a good sense of the overall thinking process:http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/44300/pac-12-network-explains-regional-schedule

According to the schedule up at the PAC12 net site as of this morning (9/9), most of the PAC12 games for this coming Saturday (9/15) will be on ABC/FOX/ESPN. The Oregon game will be on the main channel.

The 7:30 (Pacific Time) games for 9/15 are scheduled as:

S.C. State @Arizona – PAC12 Arizona 7:30pm
Houston@UCLA – PAC12 Los Angeles 7:30pm

Games for future dates are all listed as TBD

stevegd007 said:
So what channel is Pac10? I see 413...would this be it? Then why is it a secret...if I had not logged in here I would not have seen anything on or about Pac10!

The PAC 10 went away last year. You'll only hear about it from people with recollections of the way things used to be in the conference. The PAC 12 channel is 413 with potentially the regional ones still being negotiated over. It's not a secret. Dish and the conference sent out press releases and tweets once the deal was reached. It made the local news in the sf bay area (online newspaper article indicating that games would be available on tv-not sure if it was actually part of the printed paper today), not sure about where you live. I'm not sure how else you want Dish to advertise that an agreement was reached?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)