Package Upgrade Question

Anony55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
USA
Last Friday, I upgraded from the AT120 to the AT120 Plus. Now, I wish to upgrade to the AT200 package so that we can watch the Bush 911 interview on NatGeo this Sunday.

I know there's a $5 fee for removing a service within 30 days of when it was added. I would assume that only applies to downgrading a package, not upgrading a package. But the wording doesn't completely spell that out.

My question is... would I be charged a $5 fee for removing AT120+ if I don't wait the 30 days to upgrade to the AT200?

Cheers

I disagree. I have done this numerous times (upgrading) and never get a transaction fee. That would be kinda stupid really....

Your giving Dish more money in their pocket yet they charge you? UH HUH, right.

No fee for upgrading I'm 99% sure of it.

Yep, there is NO fee if you upgrade, only if you remove or downgrade a package within 30 days. Here's the relevant quote right off the programming page of your online account :

A programming change fee of $5 is applied when you remove services within 30 days of adding them (Waived for new customers in their first 60 days of service).

Note is says "REMOVED"

From personal experience as on who changed their sub levels and packages fairly often, I was never charged for adding or upgrading regardless of timing.

A programming change fee of $5 is applied when you remove services within 30 days of adding them (Waived for new customers in their first 60 days of service).

Note is says "REMOVED"...

Actually, it was that language that made me ask the question. I manage my account online. Under "Programming Change History", it currently shows "Removed" for "America's Top 120", and "Added" for "America's Top 120+" and "Fox Sports Southwest".

Since the online account manager uses the term "Removed" on the lower package, and "Added" for the higher package... it made me wonder.

I would be surprised if there was a penalty for upgrading too soon. Still, it would be nice if one of the DIRT members would confirm.

Cheers

EDIT; BTW, I appreciate all the responses so far.

If you are a sub less than 60 days you can make as many upgrades/downgrades with no downgrade charges :)
(dont know if this applies to your situation or not)

Actually, it was that language that made me ask the question. I manage my account online. Under "Programming Change History", it currently shows "Removed" for "America's Top 120", and "Added" for "America's Top 120+" and "Fox Sports Southwest".

Since the online account manager uses the term "Removed" on the lower package, and "Added" for the higher package... it made me wonder.

I would be surprised if there was a penalty for upgrading too soon. Still, it would be nice if one of the DIRT members would confirm.

Cheers

EDIT; BTW, I appreciate all the responses so far.

Will you PM your account info?

Will you PM your account info?

Thanks for your interest Matt. But does that mean that if it's not manually handled that there would be a $5 "Removed" fee?

At this point, I'm probably more interested in knowing what the online acct manager would do automatically. I'm really not all that concerned about the $5, I'm just trying know how things work when I manage them myself online.

Cheers

It will likely charge the $5. Anytime programming is changed within 30 days (60 day grace period for new customers), there is a $5 fee for changing that programming. This is only specific to the programming that was added.

Example - If a customer added HBO twenty (20) days ago and now wants to change their core packaging from AT120 to AT200, they will NOT be charged a $5 Programming Change Fee (as long as they have had AT120 for more than 30 days).

Hope this makes sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)