Paducah, KY HD Locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
In spite of the numerous postings showing this as coming on 9/30, it didn't. Now I understand it is for 11/4, on 77.

So in anticipation, I did an online chat with Dish. No joy. :(

They wouldn't admit it was coming on 11/4 and hence wouldn't do anything so that I can be ready for it. Damn!! :mad:

I live in Paducah. I was told today by Dish customer service that only new customers will use eastern arc. I was also told I would not need a new Dish to receive local HD when it is available( i have a 1000.2). I'm a newbie. Does this jive?

Well.... :)

I guess it depends on who you talk to. IF the HD locals come in on the 129 bird, then we are both OK. If it comes in on 77 as I've been told, then we'll need either a wing dish or the 1000.4 dish and eastern arc.

I guess we'll find out whenever they get around to actually doing it! :)

I live in Paducah. I was told today by Dish customer service that only new customers will use eastern arc. I was also told I would not need a new Dish to receive local HD when it is available( i have a 1000.2). I'm a newbie. Does this jive?

When they say only new customers will be on eastern arc, they mean new customers will get a 1000.4 eastern arc antenna install. Existing customers will generally get a wing dish added to their existing setup for 77W. My FL locals are on 61.5 and because I was an existing customers, I have a D500 for 110/119 and winger pointed at 61.5. In some cases they do replace what you have with a 1000.4. It just depends.

Of course the CSRs are not going to know where some locals that did not launch or even uplinked yet for that matter. Wait till we see them...

according to the retailer facts blast communication, paducah will be online nov 4th on 77, along with davenport iowa.. not that i take that as the gospel, but it is in writing and from dish net directly..

this is a direct cut and paste from the communication..

HD Local Network Markets Planned to Launch – We’re continuing our drive to offer HD local network programming to more customers across the country with three more HD local market launches planned in November. The planned launch of the HD local markets on November 4th and November 18th will bring us up to 155 HD local markets, covering more than 93% of U.S. households!
o
Please note that when we launch these DMAs in HD, we will also transition them to Eastern Arc for all new customers.
HD Local Network Programming Planned to Launch at the 77° Orbital Location
November 4th
Davenport, IA
Paducah, KY
November 18th
Evansville, IN
Look to future communications for more information about these planned launches, including specific dates. Please note that dates and markets are subject to change at Any Time in DISH Network’s Sole Discretion.
Please note that not all local network markets may launch with all four major networks. Look to future programming notices for updates on additional affiliates launching in certain markets.

The CSR's will still not schedule your 77 add or 1000.4 conversion, since the locals are not in their system yet. If I were in your shoes I would have "moved" a long time ago and not worried about it.

i dont beleive any of that information since they were suppose to launch on the 30th of September.

this information was sent out to retailers on 9-24-09 - the same day they said sept. 30th on the retailer chat.. i think the sept 30th was a mistake from the get go.. but you believe what you want.. i agree that i wouldnt bet the house on nov 4th, but it is the most official word out there.

We all know there are serious communication problems inside E*. The on-air peeps not knowing the correct launch dates is just the latest example. The on-air chats may be run by the marketing department and if so it really isn't surprising they get things wrong or don't bother to update their info.

I really hope they don't put Evansville, IN on 77. That would put a satellite on the front of my house along with the one in the back. No way would the wife let me do that.

OK, stupid question, since we are on WA here...

Assuming that the Paducah HD locals (as well as some recent others) go on EA 77, what about all of the other SD local channels in these DMA's (like PBS's, CW's etc) that are in SD only, but already up on 110 or 119? Does E* put up duplicate MPEG 4 SD copies of these stations up on EA as well? I assumed so, since E* already got in trouble before with having SD locals spread across multiple dishes before, not to mention subs NOT getting at least PBS in SD isn't going to go over too well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)