Paducah, KY HD Locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
OK, stupid question, since we are on WA here...

Assuming that the Paducah HD locals (as well as some recent others) go on EA 77, what about all of the other SD local channels in these DMA's (like PBS's, CW's etc) that are in SD only, but already up on 110 or 119? Does E* put up duplicate MPEG 4 SD copies of these stations up on EA as well? I assumed so, since E* already got in trouble before with having SD locals spread across multiple dishes before, not to mention subs NOT getting at least PBS in SD isn't going to go over too well.

Yep, that's what they usually do, they do not duplicate the HD ones in SD since all the equipment on EA is HD capable.

Hi All,

I have a question I hope someone can help me with. Back when I first got Dish I had a second satellite installed to receive Channel 27 as it was at that time only on the 61.5. Since then, I have upgraded to HD and when that was done, the installer unhooked that second dish, but it is still on my roof. Can I re-hook it up and re-adjust it for the 77, since that is where it appears the Paducah channels will be? And what piece of equipment or switch would I need to do this? Thanks

Hi All,

I have a question I hope someone can help me with. Back when I first got Dish I had a second satellite installed to receive Channel 27 as it was at that time only on the 61.5. Since then, I have upgraded to HD and when that was done, the installer unhooked that second dish, but it is still on my roof. Can I re-hook it up and re-adjust it for the 77, since that is where it appears the Paducah channels will be? And what piece of equipment or switch would I need to do this? Thanks

yes, that would definitely work.. as for what kind of switch, we need to know exactly what dishs you have.. if you have a 1000.2, and a dish 300 with a dish pro lnb, you wouldnt need a switch at all, just run a line from the dish 300 to the lnb in jack on the 1000.2 lnb.. adjust and peak for 77, do a check switch, and you are good to go.. if you dont have a 1000.2, or your dish 300 lnb isnt dish pro, then you will need some additional parts to make it work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts