Status
Not open for further replies.

ae4ac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 12, 2007
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
I normally have my screen zoom level set at 125% (small screen/old eyes) which seems to work fine on most sites. I notice here however that the headings at the top of the pages are not scaled properly with the zoom on. The main part of the page scales properly but on the top portion some words overlap and some frames are just partially shown. At 100% everything look good. I would attach screenshots but don't know how to do that.

No real problem but just wondered if there was a fix for this...

Actually I might have a solution in place. :) AE4AC refresh the page and let me know if its any better.

If yes then GOOD. If no then I tried. :D

I just zoomed Chrome to 150% and everything looked okay through the headings. At 175%, it messed up (and isn't worth messing with !). By the way, the browser window width factors in too. At 150%, if I decreased the width, it messed up the navigation bar. I'm using a 21" iMac with 1920 x 1080 resolution and my browser window is around 1300 pixels wide.

It's the banner ad that's really the source of the issue, I think.

125%
1.png

100%
2.png

I refreshed multiple times after changing the zoom and re-sizing the window to make sure it 'caught up'.

I wouldn't worry about this. Design it for 100% and maybe 110% as well as a reasonable width. You should have to run the browser at full-screen (full-screen can mean multiple resolutions anyway !) though.

Notice the first one is a 728x90 ad and in the second one its a 468x60 ad. If you look on a mobile phone is a 320 x 60 ad. :)

Looks good now Scott. Fixed it for me. Thanks. Knew you could do it. I like the new software. Keep up the good work.

Notice the first one is a 728x90 ad and in the second one its a 468x60 ad. If you look on a mobile phone is a 320 x 60 ad. :)
On laptop at home now and the banner was huge, I mean, taking up ALL of that corner, so I shrunk the browser window a little, refreshed - nope. Shrunk it a tiny bit two more times, refreshing each time, and now I suspect I've forced it to show the 468px banner. :clapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)