Pages Sticking

Status
Not open for further replies.

levibluewa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2006
WA, OR, CA
The pages on this website are sticking like crazy. Even refresing no longer works. I've experienced this on more that 1 computer. No problem with other sites. What gives?

I'm not having any problem with "sticking" pages. This site works faster than a lot of other ones for me.

Maybe they were doing a little maintenance in the early hours and when they were finished all went back to normal.

I'm seeing the same behavior. But the proper term is that pages are incorrectly caching on the web browser. IE... if I go to the Dish Network forum, it will NOT update for me with new posts on either IE or Firefox no matter HOW many times I refresh with ctrl-F5 *unless* I am signed in with my account which is strange. If I'm signed in with my Satelliteguys username and password, it refreshes properly.

If I'm not signed in with my Sateliteguys username and password , the page caches in my browser and displays no new content. I *can* get the page to update at home by deleting all my temp internet files and cookies. But at the office that doesn't work because our proxy server is the one caching the content.

I believe there is a glitch in the web code that isn't telling web browsers when to remove pages from the cache (ie... that there is new content).

Is the OP experiencing identical symptoms? Or different ones?

Scott -- let me know if you want me to do any testing if you troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks,
Robert

skierrob.......I'm always signed in with my nick & password, but the pages stick about 90% of the time, occasionally refreshing will work, but I find that to be true less and less. I've tried deleting history & cookies...makes no difference with this site...no sticking pages problem at the other place :) ...or at other other sites, just here.

This sounds a little like another issue that reported in this thread. On that threat, scott posted this

" Do as the ISP says and try going to http://debug.netdna-cdn.com and report back which cloud server the images are being served from.

Then go to a dos prompt and do a tracert to debug.netdna-cdn.com and post those results

Also while at a dos prompt also do a tracert to www.satelliteguys.us and post those results as well.

This will sh
ow where the problem is. I can tell you the problem is not on our servers which are humming along very nicely. The issue is possibly a cloud server (which is doubtful) or something with the backbone from your ISP to our servers (which is more likely the case.)"

I would try suggest trying these steps as it could be a Internet Backbone connectivity issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)