Pairing remote to Joey

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Getting rid of one and mirroring to the other. I have pressed the Sat button on FORMER Joey remote...other device buttons go red, Sat button flashes until I press it. But is does not work. I did not un-pair from the other Joey. Do I need to?

Press System Info on the Joey then hit SAT on the remote you want to pair. If it won't work right, as previously stated, replace the batteries and try again.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

To manually unpair remote:
Hold sat till all light up
Hold Recall and 0 for 3 secs
Press search
Press vol +
Press stop
Wait 5 secs for tone

OOOOPPS!!!

I was using the wrong remote. Still not working. Have changed, batts, and ALL suggested. No joy. Will try virgin remote that came with HWS.

Decided to do a Hail Mary...rebooted Joey, now it works.

I have a customer that's having an issue with his Hopper remote right now. It worked last night but this morning it's not paired to the Hopper. It sounded like his receiver took a download last night. He replaced the batteries and it still doesn't work, it will run the TV itself though. I had him reboot the receiver and it went into the system setup wizard that you see when you first install the Hopper. It gets him to the screen to pair his remote but nothing happens when he presses the SAT button. Has anyone else had this issue?

Customer just called me back and said he tried the steps to un-pair the remote and it worked. He was able to pair the remote after that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)