Status
Please reply by conversation.

manuelpaz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
usa
Hello Iceberg

I'm living in new jersey and i was getting panamericana tv in a 1.2 m dish from Wsi with 62% Qs i was really happy but 1 day i try to get the same channel in my 39x36 dish and still i have 62% but before if was low or nothing,
my ? is , the SQ is going to stay at 62% or it can go down. the transponder is
4858h 4444 if u can tell me, thank u very much. well i was surprice about this channel to fit in ther 39x36 dish, also 1 channel from chile intel1R @ 45 4071v
2615 with 70 % signal. Wow

REally Thank for ur comments Manny

renamed thread....please do not label threads as "question for _________"...that is what PM's are for ;) Posting the question in the forum allows everyone to help out :)

I cannot see past 58W due to trees....and since you didnt mention the satellite I have no clue where that channel is.

hello Iceberg

the satellite is 55W but its really surprise that b4 was just 33% now is 63 % is that normal or they changed something .

thank u

Why transponders changed the SQ.

Hi all

if any one can tell me if it is normal that a transponder can change the SQ in a receiver, because a month ago i got this channel in my 1.2 m dish at 73% now i got this same channel in my 39x36 dish with 63 % but my question is, its normal to get strong SQ than before I was really surprice about it, and this SQ is gonna stay the same or will go down in my 39x36 dish. satellite is 55w. Panamericana tv, this transponder is strong 3858 H4444.

thank u for ur comments.

How I wish I had a crystal ball to answer your question. But anyways will try. So many factors influence the SQ after an install. Even the same installer , using the same equipment, the same day might not get the same results. Maybe you did not aligned the dish optimally the first time. TP's could fail and loose power or SAT operators could decide to make changes to it to adjust it for some reason. The problem is , that it is not clear to me if you are using the same Dish size.

Apparently from both of your threads, you started with a big 1.2 m Dish and then a smaller 39" so therefore this could account for the lower signal level. Those are C Band so if you get them with a 39' then enjoy being lucky enough, most C band TP's do not even work with even a 1.2 meter.

Even 63, on a viewsat for instance, is well above thereshold therefore you will not have problems in the future either.

hd fan basically nailed it...there are too many factors

and on each receiver, the quality meters are different. Example
65 quality on my Pansat 1500....great quality...threshold is 30
65 quality on Coolsat 5000...heavy pixeling...threshold is 63

another example is the Coolsat 8000...it likes to be stuck on 99 whereas the Pansat shows 65 quality....If the quality shows on the pansat at 65,70,75,80 even 99 the Coolsat 8000 likes to show 99 quality which irks me. Its not a true meter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)