Panasonic DMP-BDT700

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
I'm hoping the we get this BDT700 in May or June. Looks like a nice replacement for the 500 which was a great looking and great performing player. If it does release here I will be getting it and probably put the 6200 Sony in the bedroom because I need one there.

http://www.hdfever.fr/2014/01/14/panasonic-dmp-bdt700/

EGEBEF_BDT700_front_h131224.jpg

The DMP-BDT700 Blu-ray player Panasonic is the top model of this year. It can play Blu-ray 2D and 3D 1080p but 4K 2160/24p and 2160/60p videos and JPEG photos 4K. It simply includes a SoC that brings the latest UniPhier MN2WS0220 developed by Panasonic with management 4K upscaling 4K 24p, 50 or 60 im / s, and a Dual Core ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore to provide a very powerful video processing with reduction jitter, and 4K Chroma Direct Up Conversion with treatment against the Ringing Effect, but we do not yet know all the intricacies and possibilities. There is a safe bet that found improvement filters details and contours, one or two Noise, and a filter to improve the upscaling.

The audio portion thus consists of four high-end DAC (apparently developed by Panasonic) capable of handling 192 kHz and 32 bits. There are also two HDMI 2.0 compatible 2160/60p, 2160/24p, and 1080p/24p and to separate the audio and video signal. There are also all kinds of audio processing as a Remaster 96 khz (upsampling) Dialogue Enhancement, setting levels, crossover, speaker distance, etc.. (As BDT500 2012). The chassis has been redesigned, more solid, all-aluminum, treated against vibration and isolated from EMI / RFI. According to my source, power is linear, but this remains to be confirmed.

For the rest, there is a media management via USB, UPnP and Samba (client / server) and support for MKV, MP3, FLAC 5.1 192/24, 4K JPEG, XviD, AVCHD, M2TS, and TS, the new interface Panasonic internet, applications tens, the Miracast compatibility, a web browser and Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi integrated Direct.

Coolest thing to me is the Uniphier isnt dead, looks like they will just be putting it in the flagship players (others are now using mediatek). Uniphier is on of the best chips PQ IMO and Im glad to see it staying alive.

1.jpg

Specifications at a glance:
Blu-ray 1080p-compatible 4K
reader 2D/3D Blu-ray, DVD, CD
4K Upscaling 2160/24p and 2160/60p
Two HDMI 2.0 CEC compatible 3D 180/24p, 2160/24p and 2160/60p
New UniPhier SoC MN2WS0220 and Dual Core ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore
4K Chroma Direct Up Conversion
Play 4K videos and pictures 4K
7.1 Analog output: 4 DACs 192 khz and 32 bit
All-aluminum chassis and isolated (RFI / EMI) with anti-vibration feet
Touchscreen remote
96kHz Surround Re upsampling-Master, Improved and see many DSP
Compatible Miracats
Multimedia USB / UPnP and Samba (Client / Server): MKV, H264, HEVC, AVI, M2TS, TS, Divx Plus HD, MP3, Flac, 4K JPEG, XviD, AVCHD, AAC, WMA
Wi-Fi and integrated Wi-Fi Direct

Nope. Not a thing. Starting to worry. Hopefully they're just holding off because of UHD since the player can take UHD all the way through without processing (downscaling/upscaling).

S~

Reactions: gadgtfreek
I was itching to try a 460, still may but the 6200 has been so good. I put a 1200 in the bedroom just to use as a streaming box since Ive been happy.

Only reason I did is I let the Oppo go.

I needed a streamer for the bedroom because I gave my older Roku to a friend to use, so I figured a 1200 blu-ray player was just as good. Cheaper too.

Tired of waiting, so I ordered a 460 from BBuy (Amazon has said 2-4 weeks for a bit). If it'll pass what little test patterns I have on spears and munsil, ill throw it into duty in place of the 6200 and see how it does. Still would like the 700 though...

I found it to handle the tests very well except for the Chroma Zone plate. It had issues with all modes except "Soft", which seemed to make it look mostly normal. Not sure if the panny is doing some kind of color sharpening or what would cause that. Ill be using this as my primary for awhile and setting the 6200 to the side so I can see how it performs with movies over a few weeks.

So far, it booted up quickly and downloaded FW version 1.30. I like the look better than the Sony, I like the blue light but you can turn it off, anyone asking about the ad banner, it can be turned off. I also still prefer panny menus over the sony XMB.

Movie--BDP93--BDT500--BDP103--S5100--S6200--BDT460

(in seconds)

Transformers--64--66--56--59--56--55
Iron Man--53--55--45--47--48--49
Star Trek--N/A--81--58--62--60--64

From disc tray going in until menu is loaded. Speeds for Panny are just fine, it was only really slower on Star Trek, but there are a lot of skips that require a button push to get to the main menu, and the Sony just seems to do it a little faster. Menu speeds are quick, so I do not see any speed on this player as an issue, as with the last 3 generations of players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts