Panasonic Launch DX900 4K LED TV & UB900 UHD BD Player

It is spring loaded. When you open the disc tray it opens enough to open the drive and closes when the drive closes. It does not go all the way down with the drive open. I have not opened it manually. You would not need to open the drive to open the front panel as noticed in the same picture. I stream from my PC. If I did need to put in a flash drive or SD card, it's not that big of a deal to open it, slap in a drive/card, and let it close back up. It is the same panel as the original BD10. Except the BD10 did not have an eject button on the remote.

Have you tried both 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 with UHD discs?

I have not. Is that initiated by turning on deep color or forcing in the color space setting? I know some Samsung folks were getting banding when forcing the 444 12 bit IIRC.

My display has tested better with fine chroma patterns and 422 output on 1080p discs, discovered this with the Oppo, so I was going to leave it at 422 for UHD unless there some benefit.

I have not. Is that initiated by turning on deep color or forcing in the color space setting? I know some Samsung folks were getting banding when forcing the 444 12 bit IIRC.

My display has tested better with fine chroma patterns and 422 output on 1080p discs, discovered this with the Oppo, so I was going to leave it at 422 for UHD unless there some benefit.
It is in the setup menu. I'm not home until Saturday. I originally set it to 4:4:4 and did not see any banding. When I get back home, I'll try it on both to see which one is better (at least on my 940C).

S~

Be nice when we can get a UHD test version of spears and munsil or something to see what the heck the settings are doing for that content.

I have used those to determine the LG was actually passing the 10 bit test. I think Mascior actually has a UHD test disc made up now. I need to see if the UHD version is up for order, and I think Spears is working on one.

I just checked, he has the HDR10/UHD pattern suite out for USB stick download, but the 900's won't play the file until an expected Oct update.

Note that no current file format that supports HDR can be played with a player including the Samsung which will play 10 bit 2160p test patterns ( BT2020).

You will need a computer with a Black Magic video card or similar to output these files using Adobe Photoshop. I was able to play the files with photoshop but my edit computer does not output 4K BT2020. So, the wait is on for a full HDR BT2020 2160p test chart set on a UHD disk, or spend the big bucks for a player ( $30,000) to play the files that Joe Kane published for HDR testing ( I have these ). Oh and BTW, Last I heard from him the test files he published are only accurate for P3 as he did not test them with a BT2020 monitor. He said they are accurate in theory.

Calibration beyond 8bit color ( BT709) with HDR is just not available yet. Those are the only valid charts we have that will play from a compressed file like tif or jpg etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)