Panhandle BHN

redelephants

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
Panhandle Florida
I am thinking about changing service from Dish. It has been nearly two years since I have used BHN and it would appear minimal HD channels have been added. Anyone have any inside info on which dvr they are currently using? It used to be crappy morphine and when new HD channels will be added?

The HD lineup is minimal and well below par of the other BHN areas which are Orlando, Tampa Bay, Michigan, Indianapolis, Birmingham and Bakersfield.

I'd probably look at going to DTV. Not as much niche HD channels but Dish is being way too cheap now with all the major channels they have dropped recently.

ABC Family HD, Disney Channel HD, Disney XD HD, ESPNews HD, Fuse HD, FX HD, Nat Geo HD and all those RSN's including Sun Sports HD and FS Florida HD. Those are definitely some major channels.

Well I cannot get local channels from direct so I am either stuck with dish or brighthouse. Dish just decided to increase our bills again so I am thinking about a switch to bhn again. Has anyone received any info on the panhandle bhn?

Which Panhandle area do you live in?

There are some parts with no HD at all. In the parts that do, there is a decent amount of HD but no where near the other BHN systems.

I counted.

You have 52 HD channels available to you. That includes local and pay. Even with Dish's disputes, they are WAY better on the HD front over the panhandle division.

It seems you do not have FS Florida at all and Sun Sports only in SD.

Go to panhandle.mybrighthouse.com

Then bottom of page and there will be 6 columns.

First column on your left, you will see my channel lineup listed on third line.

click on it and pull down your area.

I will say that you guys are really screwed compared to other divisions.

There is a chart on another site which I will not post here that truly shows how screwed over the panhandle is compared to others when you view the panhandle's lineup.

Unless BHN is cheaper, I'd go with Dish over BHN.

I counted.

You have 52 HD channels available to you. That includes local and pay. Even with Dish's disputes, they are WAY better on the HD front over the panhandle division.

It seems you do not have FS Florida at all and Sun Sports only in SD.

Go to panhandle.mybrighthouse.com

Then bottom of page and there will be 6 columns.

First column on your left, you will see my channel lineup listed on third line.

click on it and pull down your area.

I will say that you guys are really screwed compared to other divisions.

There is a chart on another site which I will not post here that truly shows how screwed over the panhandle is compared to others when you view the panhandle's lineup.

Unless BHN is cheaper, I'd go with Dish over BHN.

BHN is about 30 dollars cheaper and I would get free long distance opposed to only local calling which I have now. I would also get up to 20mbps vs 10mbps I currenlty have. I just don't understand how BHN can afford not to expand my market and compete with Dish and Direct's HD lineup. I have a call into corporate to check on further expansion plans but as of yet have heard silence.

Yeah, but the panhandle is a great place to live. They actually have real people there--far fewer 'fakes' and wannabe's than elsewhere. And so much nature, you don't have to spend as much time in front of the TV.

Price is also good. That amounts to $360 a year in savings and that is big in this economy.

It is nice up there in the panhandle. I've definitely give you that jcarrera.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)