Panicing :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trellaine

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Vancouver
I woke up this morning and I couldn't power up the HR20-100 so I decided to unplug the receiver for about 10-15 minutes. After plugging it back in the screen says "acquiring satellite settings" so I at this point seem to have power. The screen then goes black for a split second. It comes back and I see the blue ring lit up but eventually its stuck after each of the 480p, 480i, 720p, 1080i light up briefly.

Final thing I have seen is both the 720p and 1080i are BOTH solid blue. :confused::confused:

I tried a reset once as well with same results.

Fried?

Just a thought, but does your TV accept all input formats?

Some people have found that sometimes the HR20 sets itself to 480i after a software download or power surge.

Try using the RES key on the front panel to cycle through all available formats.

I have used the reset button as well. It gets stuck once it arrives at 720p and 1080i. Both of those stay a blue color. It bascially seems like its stuck?

I will unplug again and pray that when I connect again it works. My H20 which I have hooked up to my PC works fine.

Could it be LNBs? or pretty much do with the DVR itself based on the information provided.

This will be a big downer if the DVR is fried. I can still hear the hdd though running.

I'd call D* and request a replacement, sounds like it's hung up in the boot up process somewhere.

If Panicing is anything like Panicking I would call D* right away ;)

Seriously it sounds like its dead. Call D* and get a replacement.

Working again

Well I unplugged the unit for about 40minutes and now it rebooted properly! *sigh*

*whew* that was a close call. Still leaves questions in my head though as to why this happened when I woke up this morning.

I guess maybe its a computer right with software and obviously there was a glitch hopefully not to repeat itself.

Thanks for answering though as it always feels better when people respond. :)

Everyone is very nice and very helpful in this forum. I haven't had one bad soul. Thanks.

Well I unplugged the unit for about 40minutes and now it rebooted properly! *sigh*

*whew* that was a close call. Still leaves questions in my head though as to why this happened when I woke up this morning.

I guess maybe its a computer right with software and obviously there was a glitch hopefully not to repeat itself.

Thanks for answering though as it always feels better when people respond. :)

Everyone is very nice and very helpful in this forum. I haven't had one bad soul. Thanks.

I guess you didn't like my answer via PM. :p Watch out where you have the unit. It could still be the hard drive going but I would look to see if you have it ventilated and in a cool space. It may have overheated thats why I recommended to leave it unplugged for 30+ minutes.

Hey I liked your response and did what you told me. Your a very wise man with a great like for BEER. How can I not listen to you. :)

I think I may buy a laptop cooler mat? This may help alleviate some heat.

The thing is, I woke up and this happened. So the unit was off for 8hrs.

Thanks

Hey I liked your response and did what you told me. Your a very wise man with a great like for BEER. How can I not listen to you. :)

I think I may buy a laptop cooler mat? This may help alleviate some heat.

The thing is, I woke up and this happened. So the unit was off for 8hrs.

Thanks

Unless you physically remove the power cord it's always on, just the outputs shutoff.

Unless you physically remove the power cord it's always on, just the outputs shutoff.

Yep, even in stand by its still pumping out heat. Check your internal temp and see what its saying. Menu - Setup - Info & Test - Scroll down. If over 130 F with -700 unit, its hot.

Upgrade?

I just checked for my HR20-100 and the temperature is at 104 degrees. I also noticed something that may have affected my problem. Maybe someone can tell me.

Under the software version I have "Original Version" 0x12a

Past upgrade 0x18a 6am

Did I get a new software update while i was trying to turn the machine on and thus it wouldn't work?

I just checked for my HR20-100 and the temperature is at 104 degrees. I also noticed something that may have affected my problem. Maybe someone can tell me.

Under the software version I have "Original Version" 0x12a

Past upgrade 0x18a 6am

Did I get a new software update while i was trying to turn the machine on and thus it wouldn't work?

Thats the new latest National Release. Looks like it got stuck on it. Hopefully one time deal. Whew. Temperature is good.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts