Panorama Italiano channels don't exist!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cazz86

Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
California
Hello,

I have a VIP 612 receiver. I attempted to add the Panorama Italiano package this evening and was surprised to find that only ONE of the EIGHT channels in the package became available to me. I gained access to RAI Italia (Channel 9845) but none of the other channels appear in my guide. Furthermore, I'm unable to manually go to those channels. It's as if they don't exist.

I went through the whole process with the basic and advanced customer service reps and nothing. Downloaded programming schedule, ensured the channels wouldn't show when the guide view was changed to "All Channels," and unplugging my receiver several times. In the end, the advanced rep offered to mail me a replacement receiver. Although the reps tried to be helpful, they did not seem to be the most competent around.

Could any of you pros shed some light on what the problem could be??

What satellites are you aimed at?

UGH!!! It was aimed at one yesterday (I can't remember the name), but now it says "Locked - Name Not Acquired!" after the tech support lady had me goto Point Dish -> Check Switch. The signal strenghth hovers between 65 and 70.

What the hell!?

when you do a check switch, you can find which satellites you are pointed to, just post those numbers in this topic

OK so under Check Switch it shows "Satellite Input 1" and "Satellite Input 2." Under Ports 1, 2, and 3 under each input it shows Satellite numbers 119, 110, and 129 in that order.

Hello,

I have a VIP 612 receiver. I attempted to add the Panorama Italiano package this evening and was surprised to find that only ONE of the EIGHT channels in the package became available to me. I gained access to RAI Italia (Channel 9845) but none of the other channels appear in my guide. Furthermore, I'm unable to manually go to those channels. It's as if they don't exist.

I went through the whole process with the basic and advanced customer service reps and nothing. Downloaded programming schedule, ensured the channels wouldn't show when the guide view was changed to "All Channels," and unplugging my receiver several times. In the end, the advanced rep offered to mail me a replacement receiver. Although the reps tried to be helpful, they did not seem to be the most competent around.

Could any of you pros shed some light on what the problem could be??

Wouldn't it be nice if DISH CSRs new what satellite you needed instead of wasting your time.

cazz86 said:
Here is the next logical question, gentlemen....

How can I set up my system to draw from that satellite? Furthermore, will I lose any other channels as a consequence for doing so?

Call Dish, they'll have to swap your existing set up for one that views 110, 119, 129 and 118.7. Since you just subbed to an international package and can't receive the channels, I believe the swap will be free (not positive on that).

Call Dish, they'll have to swap your existing set up for one that views 110, 119, 129 and 118.7. Since you just subbed to an international package and can't receive the channels, I believe the swap will be free (not positive on that).

Hey all,

I'd like to genuinely thank you for helping me and solving my problem in the first frigging post! The Dish CSRs are truly useless and my issue would have never been solved if I followed their scripted troubleshooting recommendations.

I called and requested to speak with an Advanced Tech Supervisor. The supe told me that I would need to install a second satellite because my dish was already pointed at 3 satellites and that it couldn't handle a fourth. I was like, WTF!? So you're telling me the technology does not exist where 3 satellites is some insurmountable number?? After about 5 minutes of being on hold, the supe determined that there WAS a satellite model that could handle four but only someone from the tech department could input the code to request it. WHATEVER, lady. Just get it done. 5 more minutes on hold and she comes back to say that she can schedule an appointment for a tech to come to my place but it would cost me $15.

I told her that was absurd and would NOT be happening based on the principle. Not only did I have to solve this issue on my own (with your direction, of course), but now I need to avail myself for the tech appointment and need to mail back the replacement receiver they're sending me.

In the end the supe waived the $15 and gave me the Panorama Italiano package free for 2 months. YEAH THANKS!

In closing, you guys saved me on this. You're all the best!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts