Pansat 2005 Skew Adjustment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dlloyd

Original poster
May 29, 2007
I have a Pansat 2500a connected to a C Band dish with a mechanical polorator. I want to understand the relationship between the Vertical and Horizontal settings for skew in the pansat satellite setup screen. the possible values are -100 to 0 to +100.

I am setting up AMC4 and have set the skew to +60 for vertical. That reading gives me the best quality. My programs match for the vertical selection.

I am now ready to program the horizontal channels. Do I use -60 for the horizontal setting?

Dan

no. The receiver automatically skews properly when you select horizontal. It sends a signal to the LNB to change polarity

Thank you for your reply. I am learning.

I agree that the receiver will control the polorotor, the manual is unclear on how I should setup the receiver when I have a mechanical polarotor. I know that I have to set the skew value in the sat setup. When I setup the first satellite, the skew value was -45 and the receiver would not receive anything. After experimentation, I found that +60 would position the polarotor correctly for the vertical channels.

I did a blind scan and the receiver only picked up the vertical channels. I had read another users post about setting up 2 sats in the receiver, one for vertical and another for horizontal if you have a mechanical polorator. I assumed his directions were correct and that I did need two sats setup for the same bird, one for horizontal and another for vertical. Setting the respective skews for each. Maybe I should have not done that.

If I set the skew to +60 for the vertical polorization, should the pansat 2500 automatically adjust that value when it scans for horizontal channels?

it should adjust automatically for H

When I setup the first satellite, the skew value was -45 and the receiver would not receive anything. After experimentation, I found that +60 would position the polarotor correctly for the vertical channels
a polorotor only has one skew notch in it so it has to be set up properly. The polorotor from the receiver changes that skew notch in there 90 degrees when you select a H polarity channel. I learned that when I set up mine to the analog. When I selected an opposite polarity, I could hear the polorotor move :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts