Pansat 2500A & University Network

Status
Please reply by conversation.

n4bbq

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 28, 2004
Dahlonega, Ga
When I tune my Pansat 2500A to the University Network, all is well for x amount of time, then suddently I am displayed with "Scrambled or Bad Channel". I hit signal and my quality is at 80% or more. The only fix is to change the channel and then come back. I loaded the latest firmware into it and it still does it. Anyone else noticed this?

No other channel does this as far as I can tell. I had the system on G13 half-way watching some Kung-Fu movies Saturday and it never missed a beat.

x could be anywhere from 10 minutes to 10 hours

I get the same thing on various channels...heck, Friday night I had the MN Duluth/No Dakota hockey feed, which was at 99 quality, and I got that twice during the game.

Maybe there was a glitch at the uplink, which made it quickly go from 80 to 0 back to 80

wait a minute...how big of a dish are you using? I only get around a 60 on my Pansat 1500 :)

That is strange. I have ordered a Pansat 2700 so I'll try it in a day or three when it comes in. My dish is 90cm. I'll re-check my Q rating in case I have told you a lie, and let ya know tonight when I get home.

unfortunatelly, the quick 80 to 0 to 80 you would only see if it was up on the screen. Once I get it and hit "info" its back to normal :)

Well I lied to you. When I got home and began messing around, my quality was at 32%! But, we were having one heck of a down pour. After that subsided, the Q was at most 65%. It kind of wandered around 58% to 65%. And just for kicks, I left the unit on all night and Dr. Scott was still on this morning when I got up. I donno what it is.

I never have hit 'info' when it blacks out. I have looked at the signal strength and the picture never comes back until I change the channel and come back. I'll use your method next time.

Ok I figured it out.

Check your transponder frequency and symbol rate for Doc. It should be:

TPf = 11865V
SR = 3516

I had blind-scanned (I guess) and the Pansat had 11864V. I made the change, rescanned that transponder, and BAM! It has been up for a full 50 hours now.

I know that my reciever (which isn't a pansat) does some funky things when I get too many transponders entered. When I go and clean them out, volla, everything is OK. Also, some published transponders i.e., lingsat, might be a few out from what your reciever can get. Try adjusting the transponder a few either way abd it may lock better.

sharris said:
I know that my reciever (which isn't a pansat) does some funky things when I get too many transponders entered.

yep, same here

I usually go through SBS6, AMC9 and IA6 and dump most the TP's in memory once a week to keep it running in tip top shape

I was watching it last night and the signal was about 75.

And for the first time I think it wasn't Doc on there

"Pastor Melissa Scott" was preaching.....gotta be a relative because she had the dark sunglasses on (but took them off and put her glasses on).

But just couldnt get the "GIT ON THE TELEPHONE" down pat like the Doc could :D

I noticed that. The day I changed my TPf, it went to 80% at a minimum. I haven't gotten a taste for Melissa's style of delivery yet, but ole Doc was really an awesome teacher. I think she is just trying to parrot him in a lot of ways.

Back in the 80s when C-Band was getting hot, his was the first channel that I remember seeing. Then recently, I was working on a satellite for a school and in doing tests, I see ole Doc again. It made me wonder who he was, so I watched long enough to get his name, looked him up on the net, and have been watching ever since. Sad to see him go. I hope they will continue the teaching series on the University Network. I guess he is the reason I bought my FTA system now that I think of it.

its been fluxuating latelly
95 one day
75 the next

it's been around 70-75 the last two days (but its been cloudy and rainy too so that may be the issue)

Cool, I'll check that out when I get home.

I always find it funny when people zip up an already compressed file. The zipping of that 7 megabyte wmv saved 85 kilobytes. :rolleyes:

that video is classic.. i loved it.. i agree w/ what the good doc says in that..
i think in his day he was one of the best and still is .. dont get me wrong i am not a religous person by the norms and standards of the modern religions..
but when it comes to dr scott he does make a lot of sense and .... i just wish he was still around. i am glad they continue to run his shows and with everything he has done .. dang i bet that staion runs for 25 more years...

{end of soap box}

Now back to our show...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)