Status
Please reply by conversation.

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
I might be in the market for the pansat 2500. I have a couple of questions.

I know the 2500 has the coxial output. How much FTA is there that has 5.1 sound.

I checket PSB's site and did not see the Pansat. Does anyone know a good dealer/person that you would trust giving your credit card info to. I am kind of picky on this one. I don't want to buy from someone selling blackbirds and the other know receivers most get for hacking. In short I would like to buy from someone with a good rep like PSB.

Is Pansat coming out with a new version anytime soon? I don't want to drop the cash now if they are coming out with something in a few months.

Does Pansat have a legit home page?

I know you guys did a group buy a while back. Any plans on doing that again.

Thanks,

korsjs

PANSAT is not coming out with a new unit any time soon. Sources at Pansat say that 'IF' they do decide to release one, it would be late 2005.

A rumor started about a 2600a and it simply is not true. Someone in another forum mis-typed 2500a and it just snowballed from there.

I have no plans on offering another 'group' deal on the 2500's. I went through 120 units in 13 days.

AS for FTA programs broadcasting in 5.1. I haven't found a single one yet. I have found some broadcasting in AC3. (I don't have an AC3 receiver though)

Help with channel scan

I have two Pansat 2500a. The first did a channel scan with no problems. The second gets stuck at 42% and at 86 %. They both have the same settings. Can someone please help.

funntv said:
I have two Pansat 2500a. The first did a channel scan with no problems. The second gets stuck at 42% and at 86 %. They both have the same settings. Can someone please help.

need alot more info

-What size dish?
-What satellite are you trying to pick up? (Galaxy 10, IA5, etc)
-What channel are you trying to pick up?
-What happens when you go to other channels on satellite?

Just as a heads up...we do not condone theft of service here :)

18 inch dish, Galaxy, other channels work fine but it gets stuck at 42 % and 86% while doing a channel scan. I tried changing TP but the same problem. My first Pansat goes to 100 % no problem.

well, unless you want just the audio on Nimiq1 (I think thats what you mean), that is stealing and signal theft and talk about it is not allowed here

Most FTA needs at least a 30" dish and a different LNB. The 18 will only LEGALLY get the audio channels and a couple channels (barker channels)

I understand what you are saying but my question is why does one scan 100% and the second gets stuck at 42 or 86%.

If the receiver has illegal theft-of-service firmware instead of the legal factory firmware, then this problem is very likely due to that modification.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)