Pansat 2550a Satellite setup question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

signaltracker

Original poster
Oct 30, 2004
Sorry if this is a new thread. I thought it might be best to put it in a new once since it is a different question. When I go into the menu to set up a satellite: Main Menu - Installation - Antenna Setup. Now I need to put in a satellite that is not listed on the left side of the menu under "Satellite". I need to put in G1 (Galaxy1R). It is not one of the satellites listed. How do I put in G1? I dont see how to do it in the manual.

Joe

You can add it a new one yourself, BUT I find it's best to just rename and re-setup an existing satellite entry you're never going to use. This is because the 2500A only has room for two user defined satellites and if you forget you've filled them up and try to add a third, you'll get some strange behavior from the receiver. To rename one, go to Installation in the main menu, then Edit TP/Satellite. Then select an entry you'll never use. A good one would probably be Brasil-B1/C throught B3/C because those are pointing to South America, and they are C band (which only lucky few of us have). Then select it and in the little menu that comes up, select Rename. Enter an appropriate name. Then when done you'll need to select it again and select Edit TP. You'll need to edit or remove the transponders. Don't remove all of them here, or you could run into strange behavior. If you edit, you'll need to put in all the correct info for whatever transponders you want to put in on the new satellite. Finally, save that and exit back to the Installation menu.

This next step is very important. Go into Antenna Setup and select your new satellite. Be sure it ends up with a checkmark next to it in the list. After pressing Select on the satellite, move the cursor that appears on the right side, to LNB type and set appropriately (most likely Standard). Here's a tip, I believe if you cycle all the way through the LNB types back around to Standard, it sets the LNB Local-Freq to 10750 automatically (this is if you had renamed a C band entry). Otherwise, once you have the LNB type set correctly, make sure the LNB Local-Freq is the correct value for your LNB (standard Ku FSS LNB is 10750). If you are using switches for multiple LNBs, set any 22kHz and DiSEqC settings you need.

Finally, if you are using a motor, you'll need to set up the satellite's position using DiSEqC 1.2 or USALS. If your motor is USALS compatible, set the Positioner Setting to that and press Select. Then enter the Satellite Position (type in the longitude numbers including tenths of a degree). Press right or left to select W for western hemisphere.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

X1 Class Solar Flare Just Occured / Poor reception

Tracking Dish Network

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)