pansat 2700 set up question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
On the Pansat 2700 (maybe other Pansats as well?), 30-32 quality is the breakup threshold, meaning anything under that will result in a broken stream. Anything above that should give you a steady stream, but you want higher numbers if possible to give yourself some breathing room during bad weather.

Some transponders are either weak or suffer from cross-pole interference (signal from an adjacent satellite causing errors). Transponder 11720 on G-10R at 123w is a good example of cross pole interference. The PBS channels on AMC-3 are also notoriously weak.

Any transponder that gives you 50 or higher quality (with Pansat 2700) is usually rock solid under most conditions.

pansat 2700 next question...

Happy with the reception so far on IA5. Yesterday I thought, what the heck, let's move the dish (motor) to Anik F1 just to confirm everything works well. I got absolutely no signal on Anik F1. Does this mean I have to fine tune the dish to IA5 and try again. When I moved it back to IA5 to watch Dutch tv at least nothing had changed for the worse.

pansat 2700, winegard 76c, stab hh90 dish.

Not a whole lot to watch on F1 ku, a few spanish channels, I think. Might get lucky and catch a news or sports wild feed. Mavbe a little more on C-band side, ASN probably being the best. Try another satellite.

Al

finetuning the dish

happy so far with IA5, not so happy that when moving to another satellite I get no signal.
I have purchased a signal strength meter to reaim the dish.

Should I first peak it out from east to west till I get the highest strength fasten it and then see whether any changes in the dish elevation improve? Or the other way around?
Or should I loosen the elevation and the east west rotation on the mast at the same time and move the dish around?

pansat 2700, winegard 76c dish, stab hh90 motor

If your elevation is close, an adjustment on azimuth (east-west movement) should find signal. Move the dish in VERY small increments, and each time you move it a bit, stop for a moment and back away a bit from the dish to see if you get signal. The best signal meter is your receiver and a small TV at your dish location.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts