This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Pansat 2700a and 4dtv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

olyeller

Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Just got the 2700a installed with the 4dtv and c/ku BUD. Its working but i see a wierd problem. When I postion to a satellite with the 4dtv and then try to view Pansat output, I get either "no signal" or the picture freezes. I have discovered I can correct this by turning off the 4dtv. I also tried bypassing the splitters and going directly to the diseq switch. Same problem. ( does this indicate an LNB problem ? ) Any ideas from anyone ...

Are you sure all is setup right with the proper splitters and all, with the 4dtv on did you try flipping the polarity, because when you turn it off the 4dtv it auto goes to H or V (not sure witch one) so if that is the case you just are on the wrong polarity.

The only way I know how to set polarity is to position to a satellite with the 4dtv and then select a channel. This shold set the polarity I think. Then I turn control over to the 2700a. Is there another way to "set polarity" (maybe on the 2700a_ ...

Update. Well, it was a polarity problem. I just did'nt fully understand how polarity was being set. Since its "set" (in my case) by the 4dtv by changing channels, the FTA receiver can only show channels of whatever polarity the 4dtv is on. Same goes for scanning in the FTA channels. Anyway, If I don't get a picture on the FTA, all I have to do is change channels on the 4dtv (this changes polarity for the FTA). It works ...

Yes that is the way most people have them setup including myself, if your quality is low on the fta unit you can try adjusting the skew and bumping the dish with the 4dtv to optimize the quality on both units.

Status
Please reply by conversation.