Pansat 2700A GTool (Channel Editor)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

saidias

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 13, 2005
So I began reorganize my channels using Gtools aka Channel Editor which I got from the PanSat website. I got the channels downloaded into the software (upload in the software). I have had issues with downloading the channels back into the receiver. It sometimes corrupts both my file on my PC as well as the channel lineup in the receiver. I have had to reset to factory defaults.

Is this a bug in GTools, or the PanSat firmware?

Is there a different app i could be using intead of GTools?

Thanks
MD

raydio

K6KGW
Supporting Founder
Jan 6, 2005
Rio Rancho, NM
I know they have had issues with GTools in the past. So I would say that it is an issue with this version of GTools and not the receiver software. There are other channel editors you can use but you have to go to h**k sites to get them.

bigOleB

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2005
SC
Here is the link to another channel editor...

Channel Master is a channel list management software for satellite receivers. There are 9 receivers supported and the list is growing fast:
  • Pansat 2500, 2700, 5000
  • Fortec Lifetime Ultra
  • Black Bird
  • Digiwave
  • Coolsat
  • Spacestar
  • MyTheatre
http://www.sharpc.com

barney_555

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 12, 2005
Québec, Canada
Channel Master is a great tool. I used it to create my own satellite-channel list. I'm very happy to now have all the sat sorted by azimuth position.

It's also very useful to clean your receiver memory.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
only problem is Digiwave is noted above but I just was playing with it. It says write to stb but Digiwave isnt an option...what do I pick?

barney_555

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 12, 2005
Québec, Canada
Before downloading anything to the receiver, do an upload and save the file. Like that, you're sure that the connection is good and CM work with your receiver.

TreDEE

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 18, 2005
Iceberg said:
only problem is Digiwave is noted above but I just was playing with it. It says write to stb but Digiwave isnt an option...what do I pick?

Edit your list in Channel Master then load it how you normally would.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
TreDEE said:
Edit your list in Channel Master then load it how you normally would.

never done that. I have a factory list that I received from a member and now I need to load it in. Normally I load a list as a text file.

bigOleB

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2005
SC
This may help...

In versions prior to 1.4:

When loading my Pansat 2500A I would do all the editing to the list in Channel Master and then save the file as GTD and load using Gtools.

When loading my coolsat 400 Pro I would do all my editing in Channel Master and then save the file as NDF and load using "Channels" tab in Coolsat loader.

With 1.4 and 1.5 I have been loading my Pansat and Coolsat from the Channel Master application itself. That being said, I still have the ability to do the method mentioned above. I don't have a Digiwave so I can only speculate that this may work. Hope this helps guys! :cool:

PS. I am working on Channel Lists for common receivers that will include Feeds, Sports, Music, and other misc finds. I should have it out next week sometime. The entire package will contain files to support most common recievers including the documentation HOWTO's. :)

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
questic said:
Here is the link to another channel editor...

Channel Master is a channel list management software for satellite receivers. There are 9 receivers supported and the list is growing fast:
  • Pansat 2500, 2700, 5000
  • Fortec Lifetime Ultra
  • Black Bird
  • Digiwave
  • Coolsat
  • Spacestar
  • MyTheatre
http://www.sharpc.com

Two big thumbs up on ChannelMaster. I started using it a few weeks ago. Finally one that works! I was even to the point of developing my own until I found ChannelMaster.

raydio

K6KGW
Supporting Founder
Jan 6, 2005
Rio Rancho, NM
questic said:
This may help...

In versions prior to 1.4:

When loading my Pansat 2500A I would do all the editing to the list in Channel Master and then save the file as GTD and load using Gtools.

When loading my coolsat 400 Pro I would do all my editing in Channel Master and then save the file as NDF and load using "Channels" tab in Coolsat loader.

With 1.4 and 1.5 I have been loading my Pansat and Coolsat from the Channel Master application itself. That being said, I still have the ability to do the method mentioned above. I don't have a Digiwave so I can only speculate that this may work. Hope this helps guys! :cool:

PS. I am working on Channel Lists for common receivers that will include Feeds, Sports, Music, and other misc finds. I should have it out next week sometime. The entire package will contain files to support most common recievers including the documentation HOWTO's. :)

You will win the coveted "Stud Boy" award when you come out with that package :yes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts