Pansat 2700a Help Please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bennie

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2008
I am extremely new to FTA. I bought a Pansat 2700a locally a couple of days ago. The seller told me my old Sky Angel dish (which is really kind of useless now - I was one of the first "lifetime" subscribers to Sky Angel) or my 10 ft C-Band dish would work great with the Pansat.

All I can seem to get with the old Sky Angel dish is a few channels on Echo 7 and 8. On my old 10 ft C-band dish I can only get a few channels on G11. I also have a Dish 500/DishPro that I can't get anything on.

I look on the charts and see lots of free channels on the various satellites, but I can't seem to get them. Could the problem be the dish(s) or the receiver? Is the Sky Angel dish (18 Inches) too small or is the LNB the wrong kind? Could the LNB in the C-Band dish be the wrong kind?

One other question. The Pansat came "loaded with the latest bin." I have done a little research on the internet and assume it is this bin that unscrambles the channels on Echo 7 and 8. Since I only want to view the "free" channels, how do I remove the "latest bin"? I Do not like the idea of stealing satellite channels.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bennie

First, you need at least a 31" dish to get most of the FTA channels in North America.

Second, you need a linear LNB. The Sky Angel LNB is circular.

Third, go to the Pansat website and download the newest factory bin for your unit, purchase the appropriate cable and use your PC to load the bin file into your Pansat. This will get rid of the HACKED bin that is apparently on your Pansat.

Echo 8/10 have no FTA channels at all. Echo 7 only has NASA and a few DishNet FYI channels, not really worth anything unless you want to learn about DishNet.

You can find a good dish from a number of the sponsors of this website, or if you have any neighbors that have an old Primestar dish, there are ways to use that dish with the right LNB to watch FTA.

Welcome in Bennie, yes an 18"dish to too small to pick up very much real fta, most of us are using 30-39"dishes. Find yourself an old primestar dish still standing in someone's yard, there are still lots of them left. The dish, and lnbf on it work great for fta. The circular lnbf of the Dishnetwork dish will only see circular-polarization signals (pay-tv) and will miss the linear FTA satellites. You can download the legal software from pansatusa to bring your receiver back into the world of light!! You'll need a cable to connect to your computer, and follow the directions, the manual is possibly avail for download right here on satelliteguys to help.

welcome :wave

I am extremely new to FTA.
we're here to help :)
I look on the charts and see lots of free channels on the various satellites, but I can't seem to get them. Could the problem be the dish(s) or the receiver? Is the Sky Angel dish (18 Inches) too small or is the LNB the wrong kind? Could the LNB in the C-Band dish be the wrong kind?
the 18" dish is too small other than the couple of free channels you got on 119. The C-Band dish should work. What kind of analog box or 4DTV do you have for that? How is the FTA box hooked up to it?

If you move the dish to G4/G16 (99W) and scan just the horizontal transponders you should get the channels on thelist

Make sure the LNB LO is set to 5150 STANDARD

One other question. The Pansat came "loaded with the latest bin." I have done a little research on the internet and assume it is this bin that unscrambles the channels on Echo 7 and 8. Since I only want to view the "free" channels, how do I remove the "latest bin"? I Do not like the idea of stealing satellite channels.

go to PANAREX and download the latest factory software

glen4cindy and turbosat,

Thank you so very much. I think I can do this now. What a blessing!

Bennie

Iceberg, I have an old Videocipher TRX 1520. The FTA box is not hooked to the Videocipher. I just connected the coaxial cable from the C-Band dish to the input on the Pansat receiver.

OK...so it sounds like the Toshiba is doing the work correctly.

I highly suggest getting a high frequency splitter (Radio Shack has them) and splitting the signal to both boxes. Set it up as such
kit5.jpg

If you dont have KU dont worry about it right now.

I would try and move the dish to G4. Select TP17 (H) and do a scan just the H side only. There are some channels on there and that should pick up just fine. Analog is more giving than digital so you may have to tweak the dish.

Hi,

I am new to FTA also, but I wanted to mention the splitters usually are made to only pass voltage threw one side, so you have to connect that side to power the LNB's on the dish. Not knowing that caused me problems in the beginning.

rjl75

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)