Pansat 2800a

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvwatchingdude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
Hi, I have a pansat 2800a. It took me a long time to put channels where i like them. I even had to rename some channels.

I know this might sound silly but I know you can connect your fta box to the computer.

Why do people do this?
What is the name of the cable to connect it to the computer????

What are the features and privileges of connecting your fta box to the computer.

But what I really want to know, is there any way that I can save this channel lineup, and transfer it to another reciever. Maybe saving it on a comuter. Or connecting one fta box to another fta box?

As you can see, im not very sure about these things.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

FTA receivers can be connected to a PC by a serial cable. There are two types of serial cables that are used to accomplish this, depending on the brand and model of your receiver: DCE and DTE. The reason for connecting a receiver to a PC is for transfer of channel lists and firmware upgrades to and from the receiver. It is easier to edit channel names, satellites and transponders on a PC than by using the receiver remote. Also, you can backup your channels in case a reset of your receiver is necessary.

Well.... I have one of my receivers connected to my PC, but for a totally different reason. I'm using the loop-out (IF output) from the receiver and running a coax cable to a Satellite PCI card installed in one of the spare slots inside of the computer. This way I can watch HD programming and S2 programming and 4:2:2 programming, that my receiver isn't able to get.

Yes, that's another way to connect your receiver to your PC. I've got that identical setup myself (minus S2 capability, still looking for a deal on a TT-3200). Its always good to keep your FTA receiver and PC close to one another :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts