Pansat 3500 Remote Stuck in TV mode!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

texasclaw

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Texarkana, TX
Today I attempted to turn my Pansat 3500S on and it would not respond to the remote. It appears to be stuck in TV Mode. What can I do to get it out of that mode and responding to the reciever?

Help!

Pansat USA answered my question immediately.

Last edited:
Ok, so pansat answered your question. but what did they tell you to do other than pressing the STB button on the remote?

That's all they told me. I had looked in the manual, but I guess I missed that. Sometimes and old "Phart" like me can't see what he reads

Laff, well if you can't laugh at yourself now and then who can you laugh at. :) Glad it was an easy one.

You are lucky... My Pansat 3500 IS stuck in TV Mode. I can't get it back to radio mode without reflashing it to factory settings. Then the TV/Radio Button will work once to go in to Radio but won't go back to radio after you to out of radio in to tv one time... I have no idea what the problem was. I actually bought a new remote off of ebay to see if it would help, and it didn't. The new remote is nicer than the one that came with it though... the one that came with it seems to have some sort of a pause thingy on it... it's like it'll not respond to button pushes for a second or two in between button pushes... really annoying when channel surfing. The new remote is better and doesn't have that problem, but the no way to switch between radio/satellite tv is still a no go.

Did you ask Pansat USA? They responded to me immediately when I asked about my problem. Hope you get yours working.

The way I am reading it, it's two different issues. Texaxclaws remote was in TV mode, where mastermesh's receiver itself is having problems going between TV and Radio channel modes.

Mesh, what Boot file do you have and what software from pansat?

I use the latest boot file from pansat's site. I think it's a real hardware issue, not just a software glitch. If shipping wasn't so much, and I was really interested in radio, I'd probably try to have it fixed... as it is, we mainly use it for tv... and now that I've got my dvb world box, if I'm really desperate for radio, I could use that to pull in satellite radio... (or internet radio since I've got the computer with the dvb world box wired with it's audio out going to the audigy box near the main tv's audio in, and that then going out to speakers on the main level and in the basement) If there is a fix that you know of, or have a workaround for this funky problem, please let me know...

Sorry for thread hijacking.

Well, since the OP's problem has been resolved, I wouldn't consider it hijacking so much as the issues are kinda related. Plus he Texas might have some input.

Well, I think you were in on the other thread where I talked about my 3500 rebooting everytime I went to PBS with AC-3 audio and jtagging it with a chip level Bin 80 file cleared up that issue, maybe yours is the same. I can get the info and files to you on how to do it, but you'll need the cable or need to solder on some wires to do it (not sure if you 3500 has the 40 pin port or not, mine does).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts