Pansat 3500 Sat List/ChannelMaster

Status
Please reply by conversation.

meverly59

Original poster
Jun 4, 2005
Hello Guys,

I started using ChannelMaster, organizing my Satellites by Azimuth.
When I loadthe channel list back on the 3500, everything is fine
until I blindscan. Once I blindscan, it places the Sat I just scanned
at the END of my Sat list. (meaning the list that comes up when
you hit the SAT button on the remote). The listing under
installation is still fine.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

You are doing absolutely nothing wrong. It's working the right way, doing what it's suppossed to do... What you need to do is after you scan in a new channel go in to channel edit and hit sort by satellite.... that'll put everything where it belongs. I actually like that stuff goes to the end since you can mark it as a favorite a lot easier before you scan by satellite... I keep the good stuff in fav 1, the news feeds in fav 2, the church channels in fav 3 and the foriegn spanish stuff in fav 4...

Also save backup bins of your channels... I save a bin backup everytime that I get a new channel on the list since I've had the pansat crash on me a few times... If you get tp overload and a few other conditions, it'll wonk out crazy on ya. Having a back up bin with all your channels can save a lot of time. Also, for some freaking weird reason, I can't get my radio/satellite button to always work. If I flash back to factory setting it'll work once, so I do that on weekends to listen to radio while I'm downstairs in my painting studio (have a wire through the floor hooking up receiver upstairs to stereo speakers down there)... otherwise I keep it on tv all the time because it won't let me go back in to radio...

and uh, I hope when you edited in channel master you used the numbers + satellite name, otherwise sort by satellite will organize everything alphabetically in the list... so use "123 g10r", etc. instead of "g10r" because "amc" has an a which comes before the g in g10r... but if it's all 3 digit numbers plus space plus name, sort by satellite works fine.

Last edited:
mastermesh,

Thanks for the reply. I'm still not getting it to work. For example, last night I blind
scanned AMC-2 and AMC-6, looking for wild feeds. Now. when I hit the satellite
button on the remote, AMC-2 and AMC-6 appear at the end of the popup list,after
T-7 at 129W. Doing as you suggested changes the order of the channels in my list,but doesn't change the satellite order.

Interestingly, this seems to be a recent problem. And I also blind scanned SB-6
last night, and it didn't move in the sort! I'm stumped.

meverly, when you do a scan/rescan, it will add any new discoveries on the end of the "all" list. If you want to have them grouped with the other channels at there satellite location on the list, you will have to move them manually within the menu, or use the ChannelMaster and edit the list. Also, when you scan/rescan, it won't put channels you already have at the end of the list, even though it still scans them in, it will only put new ones it discovers at the end of the list. Occassionally, it might put a channel you already have at the end of the list, but something will have changed to make the Pansat think it's a new channel, such as TP, SR, PID's, or even Channel Identification name. Then, you will have 2 of the same channel.
It would be nice if a new scan would group the new channels in the same #'s location with the existing channels on the same satellite.

Al

voomvoom,

Thanks. I'm not sure I'm explaining this correctly, though. I'm not having an issue
as to how it sorts the channels. It's the satellite list that is messing me up.

I put my list into channelmaster and had it sort by the azimuth. That way when I
hit the "SAT" button on my remote, the satellites appear lined up from 72west
through 123west.

Now, say for example I "blind scan" 89west, it will the put 89west at the end of the
list (shown when I hit the "SAT" button on remote"), after 123west.

So after I blind scan a few sat's, as I do when looking for feeds, you can see how
my nice list is screwed up!

meverly, I think I understand, I at least hope I do. My Pansat does the same thing. As far as I know, all Pansats do the same thing. When it finds new channels (in a blind scan, or any other scan), it puts them last in line on the list. It does not, will not, put them with other channels on the satellite list. "You" will have to do that with ChannelMaster or through the menu program.
In other words, there is nothing you can do, except rearrange the list yourself. Now you may not be aware of this or not. But, if after a scan, you click SAT, pick the Sat you just scanned, and click OK, it will show it on the sat with that sat's channels, but at the end of that list. But, at least that way they are all together.
The only way to get the channels lined up as you want them, will be with the ChannelMaster or through the receivers menu programs.

Al

Thanks Al,

At least I know I'm operating the thing correctly! I guess if I want to keep an
aligned list, I'll have to use channelmaster a little more. Thanks again!

Mark

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts