Pansat 3500 Setting

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kelleyga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
I choose Diseq 1.2 to store a satellite. I get the option to choose a number from 27 to 49 (I am also using a VBox to controll my BUD).

1) Should not I be given the option from 1 to 99? So I can store my first satellite from 1, then the next one at 2, etc. Why is it starting from 27? I restore factory settings on my Pansat but still starts from 27 when storing.

2) Within the same screen above I can set High / Lower limits. Just to make sure I am correct. Once I am at the lowest sat I can get then I store it and also set the lower milit on that one right? Then I go the hight sat I can get and store it and then on that one I set the high limit there right.?

1)According to my manual for the pansat 2700, 1-26 are reserved for "default settings" whatever that means.

2) set the limits just past your high and low sats.

kelleyga said:
I choose Diseq 1.2 to store a satellite. I get the option to choose a number from 27 to 49 (I am also using a VBox to controll my BUD).

1) Should not I be given the option from 1 to 99? So I can store my first satellite from 1, then the next one at 2, etc. Why is it starting from 27? I restore factory settings on my Pansat but still starts from 27 when storing.

2) Within the same screen above I can set High / Lower limits. Just to make sure I am correct. Once I am at the lowest sat I can get then I store it and also set the lower milit on that one right? Then I go the hight sat I can get and store it and then on that one I set the high limit there right.?
Kellyga
use ChannelMaster to change the Satellite Nr. it work.

Saludos
Hiebert

hiebert said:
Kellyga
use ChannelMaster to change the Satellite Nr. it work.

Saludos
Hiebert
So are you saying that If I were to change my existing 1.2 positions that are stored in 27-49 to 1-26 via channelmaster that I effectively get all 49 positions available as I can then assign 27-49 as needed?

If so - cool :cool:

I'm another 3500s / VBOX user.

Shawn now that you have your VBox and 18" actuator set up have you noticed any position drift? I got a replacement VBox from DMSI and still had the same problem. I bought a new actuator - a better quality one and still have the problem. So I have eliminated both of those. Now I am on my fortec Ultra receiver running Pansat software to eliminate the box. I have also noticed that goofy 27-49 position thing as well.

rayydio,

I have been using the VBox with Pansat 3500s for my 10 feet dish and a SuperJack 24'' and no drift problems so far.

rayydio said:
Shawn now that you have your VBox and 18" actuator set up have you noticed any position drift? I got a replacement VBox from DMSI and still had the same problem. I bought a new actuator - a better quality one and still have the problem. So I have eliminated both of those. Now I am on my fortec Ultra receiver running Pansat software to eliminate the box. I have also noticed that goofy 27-49 position thing as well.
I haven't, but to be honest I haven't moved the dish much. I still need to trench and figure out how the heck I'm going to get the ribbon cable in the house.

So far it's been spot on - at least until a wire (sensor) pulled out of the back of my VBOX. I haven't figured out (or looked very hard to find out) how to do the re-sync of the VBOX to the 1.2 positions. It talks about it in the VBOX manual but realistically it seems to be a receiver feature.

Shawn

Shawn95GT said:
So are you saying that If I were to change my existing 1.2 positions that are stored in 27-49 to 1-26 via channelmaster that I effectively get all 49 positions available as I can then assign 27-49 as needed?

If so - cool :cool:

I'm another 3500s / VBOX user.

Yes you can.

rayydio said:

I'm testing now the DP710 and I can tell you, I like the V-BOX II from Moteck more.

Saludos
Hiebert

Shawn95GT said:
So far it's been spot on - at least until a wire (sensor) pulled out of the back of my VBOX. I haven't figured out (or looked very hard to find out) how to do the re-sync of the VBOX to the 1.2 positions. It talks about it in the VBOX manual but realistically it seems to be a receiver feature.

Shawn

You only can re-sync the V Box, if your receiver have the option and they are really rare. The V Box II from Moteck, if you bay it with Remote, you can do it also.

Saludos
Hiebert

I setup my parent's BUD (7.5") with a Pansat 2500 and the DP710 and the satellite position also drifts. It take a while (a few weeks of satellite surfing) but it does it. It always drifts to the same direction.

Does anyone know how to fix this or what the cause is??

Thanks for your help.

Virgil

Not yet. I have been researching in other places but no luck yet. If you find out let me know.

Interesting - does yours drift even if you don't try re-saving positions?

Mine seems fine until I save more positions. By the time I get from TS to the easternmost sat.. I'll loose the TSish sats :(.

This is a really odd problem. I suspected the problem was Pansat related but now I'm not sure :(.

Shawn

I was able to get all 28 sats that i recieve stored in mine. After that it started loosing positions randomly, i would re-store the postion and then i would loose another one. very frustrating lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)