Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jarhead84-90

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
WI
This weekend I did a firmware upgrade with the new Pansat firmware version
Pansat 3500S_060126_119_api(N).bin using the SD card. My box was on G-10R at the time. After the upgrade everything seemed OK, till the next morning. When going to lock on another Sat, I noticed no lines on the screen indicating my motor was moving. I verified that the motor was in fact not moving. After several shutdowns and repeated trys to move it I decided to just unplug it let it rest a minute, then replug it in. That seemed to take care of the problem and it has been working since. Has anyone else encountered this on the 3500s? The reciever did reboot itself immediatly after the upgrade, so I figured it was complete. I'm glad that I didn't have to do a revert back to factory default though. Although I think that would have been my next step. Mark

the rule of thumb is after you upgrade software, turn the switch on the back off and then back on to "refresh" unit and to accept new software :)

Ok, since Pansat didn't put that in their directions I really hadn't thought to as general practice since it does reboot itself. But from now on I will. Thanks again, Mark

some boxes reboot and some just say "sone" or "end" or "succ"

my KUSat reboots
The Captiveworks doesnt
Pansat 6000 doesnt
Pansat 1500 does though

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)