Pansat 3500S Setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

texasclaw

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Texarkana, TX
I have a Pansat 3500S and am missing the user manual. I need to know how to set it up for a Ku dish with motor.

I have Wineguard 76CM Dish, an Invacom 0.3 Universal Ku-Band LNBF, a SG2100-Moteck H to H motorized Mount. I also have a 10' BUD, a Motorola450i analog receiver, and a BEC DB6600 + Digital Receiver.

There is no Ku cable from the BUD, therefore I need to do my Ku dish from scratch and combine them if possible. My dish is mounted and I think it is plumb and pointing South. my latitude is set for 33 (Texarkana, TX)

Any help will be appreciated.

find your true south, and scan it in to the receiver without the motor first. This will help you get your bearings, and grab a couple of channels that have live tps. When you do that, mark the pole (I use a china marker since the markings are done with wax, so they are waterproof, but others use markers or whatever) to show yourself where south satellite is. Then mount with the motor, adjust to get a good lock on the south satellite and then you should be good to go. You need to get true south or the rest of the arc won't come in right. Once you get true south and are trackn the arc, you can fine tune for other satellites if need be. NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO MAKE SURE THE POLE IS ABSOLUTELY PLUMB. If it's not, no matter what you do you won't get the full arc with a motor. You can test for plumbness with a small level - put in north south and then east west, and make sure bubble is perfectly in the middle, and that pole is perfectly sitting where it won't budge as you fiddle with the dish so you won't accidentally knock it off plumb.

Heres the manual in pdf format. Hope this helps. I realize I gave you a bad link last time so I hope this makes up for it.

Attachments

• Pansat3500 manual.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 2,409
Pansat Manual

Thanks mucho for the link. I have searched everywhere with no success. Now I can get started. Hope I am able to get it going soon because I don't want to miss my Dallas Cowboys games this year (Our local Shreveport station does not always carry the Cowboy games because of the Saint's games).

Take Care.

Here is a sketch I doctored up to illustrate what I think may be the simplest possible solution.

In this scenario, Tex would not take advantage of the Invacom's circular outputs. He would only connect to one of the horizontals. Due to this he would lose what? NASA on Dish Network is all I can think of. Is there anything else?

Otherwise, I think he would have to locate a 4 port DiSeq switch and a splitter at the Ku dish, re-route the coax from his BUD's C-band LNB to the DiSeq, and run two coaxes from the splitter to the receivers.

Somebody please look this over and let us know if I'm all wet.

Attachments

• SGwBUD-01.jpg
    SGwBUD-01.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 211
Set Up

Thanks for the help. Is there a good source locally for a High Frequency splitter? I have everything else.

Again Thanks Mucho!

From the Border of Texas!

Tex,

I have read elsewhere that the switch needs to be placed between the motor and the LNB for this to work, so I may be leading you astray with the above diagram.

GrumpyGuy said:
Tex,

I have read elsewhere that the switch needs to be placed between the motor and the LNB for this to work, so I may be leading you astray with the above diagram.

I believe the current passing limits for most of the 1.2 switches is .5 amps. Regular use may eventually burn it out but it should work. One of the gold sponsors posted a diagram of how to use 2 receivers to run one motor which required the switch befor the motor as well.

I'm back again. I finally got my 3500S to pull in some signals, however when I try to go to anything other than the original (G3) or the 2nd(T5), I loose the signals and must scan them in again after looking for the signal again. What can cause this and what is a remedy? I have my Ku dish up and have been able to get a 20-40% quality signal on G3 and T5, but when I try to go to other satellites I lose those two and have to search for them again. I have been unable to determine what is causing the problem.

Help!

Pansat 3500S, 30" Ku dish, 10' BUD, 450i analog, BEC6600+ Digital

Last edited:
Merged thread so we know what you are dealing with!

Make sure your Latitude NORTH and Longitude WEST are set correctly!

Hallaluja! It's up and Running

Hi all. This is to let you know that my Ku system is up and running. My installer and I finally got the hang of USALS. We took a TV and the 3500S out by the dish and he moved as I watched. We finally got a good signal on G3 and we were able to track all the way to G10. One didn't come in, but, I guess I will have to play around and check on some frequencies. I couldn't get the channel (KUIL, Beaumont) I really wanted, until I looked up the frequency. It was one number off and wasn't picked up with the smart search. When I input the change it came in clear as a bell.

Thanks again for all the help! Until the next time.

Yes I found the pinhole. I actually bought the system so I could get that one station. Since I am a diehard pro football fan and that station always carries my :D team. My local station does not.

Thanks again for the help!

Last edited:
Can't get KUIL? Must either be a line of site problem or something is really wrong. That signals about one of the strongest in the sky!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)