Pansat 9200 and Chapparel feedhorn

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Swamp_Rat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 3, 2009
South Florida
Is there any way to control polarity with a 9200 and Chapparel feedhorn? I am trying to get away from the combo lnbf's. The dish is moved by a Gbox.
I know some of the older Pansat's had polarity control but the 9200 has nothing to hook the wires up to.

The easy way would be to switch it out for a new c-band lnbf, that way the Pansat could handle it. Some of us old hard-heads are still using an analog c-band receiver to switch polarity-lol. There might be a project-type box someplace, or plans for one to switch polarity on those old feedhorns but I don't recall seeing it yet. Those old Polarotor-1 type you could switch with a 9volt battery and a toggle switch, but the 3wire-type won't work that way.

Thanks Turbo,

I have one of the new lnbf's ( I forget which one it is) but the performance of the corotor for c and ku seems to be much better. There has to be a better way than products such as the ck-1 and the like to get good reception on both c and ku. I am trying to get as much out of them with only using a six foot dish.

Is there any way to control polarity with a 9200 and Chapparel feedhorn?
I am trying to get away from the combo lnbf's. The dish is moved by a Gbox.
I know some of the older Pansat's had polarity control but the 9200 has nothing to hook the wires up to.
Every once in a while, someone brings this up.
There have been several members make up little projects which monitor the LNB voltage, and turn the servo accordingly.
You might search for the three or four threads, and see if any of those appeal to ya.
I have one of the new lnbf's ... but the performance of the corotor for c and ku seems to be much better.
There has to be a better way ... to get good reception on both c and ku.
I am trying to get as much out of them with only using a six foot dish.
The guys who want to squeeze more performance, usually resort to OrthoMode feedhorns.
A dual-band model, plus four LNBs would be kinda spendy.
Not sure what you aren't able to get on your six foot dish, but maybe it's time for eight?

edit:
Oh, I see you have a 1.2m dish.
Maybe a single-band LNBF (C2 / DMX242) or inexpensive Ortho on your little BUD would give you better performance. ;)

Last edited:
Anole,

Thanks for the reply but I do have one of the metal 1.8's. The 1.2 is ku only. Who has a dual band ortho that will work well with the 6' solid dishes. I would go bigger but my dish is off the side of the house on about a 14' 3" pole.
I would love to find a 7.5 sami locally but I am not willing to spend the grand with shipping the guys want for them locally.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts