Pansat 9200 no video on some channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
Well I think I have got to the bottom of my pansat problems with my 9200 HD.
It seems that now I have pansat's ver 1216 software, when I do a blind scan,
the receiver stores the audio pid the same as the PCR.

for example if a channel normally has:

video = 2000
audio = 2010
PCR = 2000

My receiver scans it as:

video = 2000
audio = 2010
PCR = 2010

I have noticed the PCR pid is always the same as the video on most of my channels that I checked using the "i" or information key to display pids on the screen.

If I go into it manually and change the pcr to match the video, I get a picture.
On one channel however I could not get any audio but video only.
I could go back to the original scanned channel without video and only get audio with a blue screen.

Can someone tell me how to fix this?

Been fighting that problem from the day I got my 9200HD. I made some noise with pansat and they get back to me telling me some goofy answer that shows they never tested out the problem. After about a 3rd time of talking to them they told me they found the problem and are working on it. We will see if they are just giving me the run round or they are working at it.

Ver. 1205 works the best I have found. I do have ver 1208 but it has issues with the channels list in a bad way. 1215, 1216 or 1217 all have this issue it looks like.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/147731-panasat-9200hd-problems.html

If anyone can send me the 1205 version I would appreciate it.
I should have saved the 1205 on a memory stick or something. I never dreamed I would have all these issues with a new version of firmware.

Happy it will help, pansat tells me they got a receiver to do the same thing, they told me they are working on the issue.

My FTA addiction went the C-Band level last week. Scored a 7.5ft mesh dish made by ???? with a Von Wise actuator that works so far off my 12v jump pack. Just waiting for a new LNB and a positioner box to get here.

This after I tried to get my own 7.5ft dish back that was left behind years ago. The new owners of the house said yes but it took me too long to get back to it due to health, I went to get it and they trashed it one month before. Sad Sad deal, but this new dish was only a 1/2 mile from me and the guy used to install C-Band systems long ago. Its a very nice dish and is in super condition in fact nicer than my old one and the extraction was quick and simple.

So My 9200 will be getting a good work out on C-Band soon.

I actually found ver 1204 on my desktop. I loaded it onto the memory stick and now I re-scanned my channels on G25, G3, G18. I get everything now. The PCR pids are correct again and I have video and audio.

1204 works best?

-
When I looked back at some old threads, I got the impression that 1204 was prior to getting the hard drive working.
Would some kind soul in the know, please comment?
Thanks - :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts