Pansat 9200 review?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I can appreciate a company getting a product out there, even when all its functions haven't been completed.
It gives 'em feedback, public exposure, early income, bragging rights, etc.

But some have also ended early models, adding necessary features to the next version, and leaving early adopters high and dry.
This is often the result of necessary hardware changes or additions.
(Tuner or CPU capable of 4:2:2, or hard drive interface.)
If an upgrade, swap-out, or plug-in were offered at a modest price, the early users wouldn't feel forgotten.
Unfortunately, I've not seen that happen.

For these reasons, I'd caution anyone against buying a product that doesn't have at least partial functionality and written specs regarding all features you hope to see working.
Good luck to those early adopters who trust any company.
I certainly hope for the best. - :up

yeah, good points and those wanting those functions should take notice. Personally I'm not worried cause I'm just not doing alot of recording on FTA and I didn't even know the 9200 was touting that capability until after I purchased it.

Well, if a company made no mention of a drive connector, didn't claim any hard drive support, but then later activated it, that would certainly be an easter egg to brag about!
And kudos to any such company. - :D
I'd pay special attention to any outfit who operated that way.

Last edited:
yes it shows 720. Seem lots of feeds in 720. Really need to get a HDTV so I can actually see the stunning pipcture ;)

Yes, you do Ice. The prices are really coming down. You can find a 42" for under $1000 now. A larger TV really brings sports to life.

It's funny you need the HDTV to see the HD. I have an HDTV and I need the HD receiver:D. Seems like we are all out of sorts. I'm about to pull the trigger though. I've procrastinated long enough. I'm about 60 miles or so from the towers so I haven't even tried an OTA antenna for HD. I wasn't too keen on the idea of having to get an antenna way up in the air, especially when I can't be sure it would work.

Would you happen to know where the pics of the menus on the 9200 are? I thought sure I'd seen some here.

Here is a review of the Pansat 9200HD:

satmancanada.com/satman_canada_reviews_the_pansat.htm

Does anyone know if they are going to fix the EPG data for OTA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.