Pansat 9200hd- losing signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dennis12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 29, 2004
I will have my pansat on and I have no problem but if I cut it off and come back an hour later there is no signal. I then have to reboot my box and the signal is back. Does anyone know what causes this problem? Dennis

I have a small 12VDC computer fan, connected to a "wall-wart" transformer. The fan just sits on top of the 9200, in the back corner, where the AC cord goes in, blowing up to pull the hot air out of it . Keeps it nice & cool! :)

make sure there is plenty of room for the air to circulate. I noticed when I had the 9200 (and now the CS8000 and the Quali-TV) they all run hot so they need plenty of room for air

I mainly have this problem with it keeping the signal on G28. has this anything to do with the receiver not keeping this satelite information in it memory. Should I do a factory reset and try to scan it in again? Dennis

i have a pansat 2700a,
and have had simular problems.

i did lots of research on the web for it, and found out that there are a couple capacitors inside on one of the main circuit boards. perhaps one for vertical channels, and one for horizontal channels, ect...
anyways, when they made the reciever, they didn't put in big enough capacitors.

i bought two new ones from a local tv, computer dealer, with higher ratings, and soldered them in.

my problems went away.
very rairly do i have problems like this again, and if so, it is perhaps because i am trying to tune in another network, and my settings aren't quit acurate in the menu, or the dish needs to be alighned slightly more to the east or to the west.

if the problem does happen, i just do a cold reset i beleive its called, by unplugging, and replugging in the reciever.
but this rairly happens, after i installed the higher rating capacitors.

the reason for the fan(s) on there is probly because the capacitors are running to hot, and shutting the sytem down.

you need capacitors with a higher temperature range,/freque..range i would beleive.
hope this helps...

sorry,
my mistake on saying the sytem shuts down.

as i recall with mine, what it did is it remained on, and i could only pull in half the channels.
i beleive half of them are horizontal or (right)r. and half are virtical channels (left)l or vs...

there are two capacitors, one maybe ran hot or failed completely, and one remained ok.

it caused the system to freeze at times, wher i couldn't do any changing with channel, or ect...
the sytem still remained on.

hard to explane but, i replaced the capacitors with a higher rating frequency range, and heat,or watt, or voltage range...

hope this helps...
thanks!...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)