Pansat 9200HD Satellite Order

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JAS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
In the USA
The 9200hd has no external channel editor. Every thing related to editing satellite, transponder and channels has to be accomplished through the 9200hd using the remote. I have edited so much that my fingers have blisters.

What I can't find is how (if it can be done) to put the satellites in order. Say East to West by orbit position. Right now the satellites are in random order and sure makes it a pain when selecting a satellite.

You would think that Pansat could come up with some sort of external editor.

Thanks

It's a lot more editing, but could you rename the Sats starting with their Orbit Position?
125 Galaxy 14

Ah. Thanks

Just to make sure I got it right. Would this work?

72 AMC 6/C
72 AMC 6/KU
74 Horizons 2/KU
ETC
ETC
and so on

yeah it kinda sucks the 9200 has no support for editor (not even channelmaster)

On most of my Pansat units thats what I did (sort them by satellite spot) since the Pansats have no rhyme or reason on how to log the satellites (other than 97 & 123 were usually 1 & 2 in the list)

I read somewhere the guy who wrote channelmaster would do one for the Pansat 9200HD if someone would send him a box.

Thats nice but I don't think anyone is going to send him a $400 plus box.:D

and that doesnt make no sense as the menus are pretty much the same as the other Pansats. Other than adding OTA & DVB-S2 the menus are the same as my old 1500

A member at Ricks Satellite Wildfeed and Backhaul Forum is working on a Pansat 9200 Channel Editor.

"Development of the 9200 Pansat Channel Editor. This is currently a private forum for the developer and Beta Testers. Password required."

Entering the satellites as such:

72 AMC 6/C
72 AMC 6/KU
74 Horizons 2/KU
ETC
ETC
and so on

I cannot get it to work on the 9200. It renames the satellite but leaves it in the same position in the satellite list. There is a sort function in the channel edit menu but it only sorts the channels and not the satellites.

Unless I have overlooked something I don't think there is any way to reorder the satellites in the satellite list.:rant:

to change the satellite position, select USALS in the motor option and then press OK
The next screen will show where you can put the lat/long and shows the satellite location at the top.

You can change it there

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)