Status
Please reply by conversation.

Chewie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
California
Hello Guys
Just wondering if any members here have any experience with this feed.
Please let me know.
Regards.
Tunder

Hello Brian
Here is this information on the feed, Ricks Satellite is selling this part:
Size: 22x21x14
Weight: 1.5 Kg
Frequency Range: C-Band 3.7-4.2 GHz
Frequency Range: Ku-Band 10.7-12.75GHz
VSWR: C-Band 1.6:1 / Ku-Band 1.4:1
Isolation: C-Band 18dB / Ku-Band 25dB
RF Ports: C-Band WR229 / Ku-Band WR75

Feed works with f/D of .30 to .40

I been looking at the Chaparral BULLSEYE 2 but this feed is twice the money and not sure if it will go with my Laux beta-9 dish, the F/D ratio on my dish is about .31
Regards.
Tunder

It should work fine with your dish FD. It is within the range. I don't remember if the DP-4 FD ratio was fixed or adjustable. Not as popular as the Bullseye, so didn't run into them in the field too often. I do recall the Bullseye 2 had a higher FD, but it is adjustable. The dual Ortho feed design does introduce a minimal loss, but the DP-4 has the reputation of being better than other brands! :)

It should work fine with your dish FD. It is within the range. I don't remember if the DP-4 FD ratio was fixed or adjustable. Not as popular as the Bullseye, so didn't run into them in the field too often. I do recall the Bullseye 2 had a higher FD, but it is adjustable. The dual Ortho feed design does introduce a minimal loss, but the DP-4 has the reputation of being better than other brands! :)

Thanks for your comments Brian, one question, when Chaparral says the F/D is adjustable, how is this adjustment done, do you know?
Regards.
Tunder.

I just got a new Pansat DP 4 for both C and KU band feeds and Iam not sure how to set it up on my BUD !
I would like to exchange info and pictures with anyone who is interested.
Or better yet we can video conference on SKYPE or ooVoo
Please drop me a line at georgekeck@frontier.com
Thanks. DISHHEAD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts