Pansat FTA to C-band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cazelly

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2005
Hello , I am super newbie on this , I just got a 10 feet BUD, a Pansat 2500A and I a Houston Tracker 8+ analog receiver to move my dish.
My question is .....Do I have to reset my Pansat to factory defaults to get C-Band Satellites, if it so how can I do that?
Or I just aim my dish to the satellite and do the elevation and azimuth settings and do a blind scan. I would be very grateful to all your advises. Thank you

Well I'm ruuning a Pansat 2300A , I just made a channel list with all the Cband transponders listed and when i got a signal i did a channel scan and i was set.

cazelly said:
Hello , I am super newbie on this , I just got a 10 feet BUD, a Pansat 2500A and I a Houston Tracker 8+ analog receiver to move my dish.
My question is .....Do I have to reset my Pansat to factory defaults to get C-Band Satellites, if it so how can I do that?
Or I just aim my dish to the satellite and do the elevation and azimuth settings and do a blind scan. I would be very grateful to all your advises. Thank you

Thnak you slimmswitch , but can you tell me how I make that list of TPs, do I have to download some kind of sftware? .Thank you

The attachment I linked below, is what i use to make the channel list. You can get the Transponders and SID/PID from www.lyngsat.com

Which sat were you looking for anyways?

cazelly said:
Thnak you slimmswitch , but can you tell me how I make that list of TPs, do I have to download some kind of sftware? .Thank you

Attachments

• STB gTools V1[1].85.zip
    536.8 KB · Views: 277
I use a Fortec for C-Band and I hear it's similar to a Pansat.
I program new sats for C band with the LO set for Standard, LO freq of 5150.
Enter a known active TP from the list for starters. Be advised that some of the stuff Lyngsat shows is NOT there any more.
Aim the big dish at the correct satellite, be sure the polarity matches - most BUD's use a servo, not an LNBF so the Pansat can't control polarity. I put a splitter with power pass in the C band coax, with the power side on the C receiver so it controls the C LNB (also lets you use an analog signal for aiming the big dish).
Try this - aim the BUD at AMC 7, 137.0 west. Look for NASA on TP 18 V on regular C-band video and tweak it up...it's noisy at best. They are going DVB on this TP soon.
Change to TP 9 (H).
Program your FTA receive for 3880 H 25200 and scan it.
You should find 6 network channels originating out of Anchorage AK.
That's your westernmost sat and you can work your way east from there; use the same procedure to get the rest.
Outdoor CH is on G 10 TP24 , 4180 H 29270 with 6 channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)