Pansat Receiver Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dishMIKE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 11, 2003
Hillsdale,MI
Which Pansat would everybody recommend? I'm looking at Pansat's because of the UHF Kit add on feature. Does anyone use one to let know how well they work? Which model is good(3500sd - SD card for updates/composite video,2800-composite video or 2700a -least expensive). Any and all comments are appreciated, Mike

Differences between them

-3500 & 2800 have component outputs...2700 does not. -Some of the 2700 models have no RF output (save money I guess)
-3500 allows the SD card to be inputted for music, pictures and to update channel lists
-2700 & 3500 allow to be used with an old LNB. The older C-Band setups had 3 wires for polarity. These 2 will control that, the 2800 will not. All will control the LNBF's (the receiver changes the voltage).

All 3 have S-Video and AC-3 ouputs and could be controlled with a UHF remote (add on option). But be warned, the UHF remote option the buttons are placed dramatically different than the normal remote so it may take some use to getting to :)

The 2700 & 2800 are pretty much the same except a 2700 can control a polorotor (the 3 wire thing) and the 2800 has component outputs.

The 3500 does it all...I did a review about 2 years ago when they first came out. I don't have it anymore but I really liked it
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/35681-pansat-3500-a.html

Ice, I know that the 2700 did have a problem either double scanning channels or locking up on certain channels or transponders. Has that problem been corrected in the 2700? Thanks,Mike

I know the problem didn't exist in the 3500. I had one for quite a while and it worked well. Loved the SD card for channel edits and kids MP3's.

The 2700 I think (dont quote me on that) had the dreaded "Pansat issue" where it would scan 13 dummy channels per transponder scanned on DBS (110,119, 129, 148, 61.5). I know my 1500 doesnt do that anymore (use to when I first got it) and I assume the 2700 doesn't either. BUt I never worked with one so I cant comment on that :)

My 2700 has the "Pansat issue", always annoying. I've never updated my software, the unit still has the original factory BIN that it had when I got it. Don't know if there's a fix out for the "Pansat issue", but I would highly recommend the Pansat 3500 based on what I read here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)