Loop-through Question.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DBKD77

Original poster
Apr 28, 2007
milwaukee
Hi To Everyone, I Am Still New To Fta. However, I Have My Dish Looking At G25 And Getting Great Stuff, Especially Russia Today! I Have A Cs8000hd And A Cs7000pvr. Can I Loop- Through These 2 Recievers Together? What Is The Purpose Of Doing That? Thanks In Advance :confused:

yes you can. The loop out allows you to hook 2 boxes up with only one cable from the roof.

Drawback is the "slave" unit (the one that isnt hooked ot the dish rather the other receiver) is limited on what polarity it can see. It only sees what the main one does.

If you have a dual LNB, hook a line from that other output to the 2nd box :)

I have a Pansat 3500 which I use to control my motorized dish, and I have my Twinhan PC DVB tuner card connected to the IF-OUT (same are the loop) which I use to recored and view 4:2:2 and HD.

Like Iceberg said your second receiver will only receive the same polarity that the main receiver is on.

one advantage to bandstacked lnb's is that both polarities are stacked on the coax at all times regardless of voltage. using a bandstacked lnb (like starchoice or a dishpro linear) the slave will be able to access both V and H at the same time as the master.

updatelee has the right ticket! That is the way to go if you are going to daisychain receivers like you are wanting!

Thanks To All For For The Quick Response, Next Question.... If I Have My Cs7000pvr Doing A Blindscan, Will The Channels That It Finds Go Into The 8000hd Box As Well?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)