PANSAT9500

Status
Please reply by conversation.

frenchy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Hello e1, I'm new to FTA, I've install a 31" motorized system with a PANSAT9500hdx and a universal lnb Pansat twin lnbf 5800, L.O.10.75, motor is a Pansat PM 900S. the mast is absolutly plum in all faces, and I'm true South as per my location which is 86323 AZ. I'm lock on SATMEX 113W. which is my closest southern sat. My problem is when I do a scan of all the other sat they all failed, what am I doing wrong? any help would be very much appreciated. Anyone who would like to contact me personally, could do so through my e-mail; lang1946@hotmail.com

First off, I'm expecting some problem with the 9500 because of the title. A little more descriptive title could help.
On to setup. Does the dish move? If you're using USALS to move the dish, do you have your Latitude and Longitude entered in the receiver?* Is the Latitude[elevation] set correctly on the motor? I think some have two scales, elevation and Latitude. If set incorrectly, you'll get nothing away from your south satellite.
If the L.O. of the LNBF is 10.75[10750] it's a Standard, Universal LNBF will have two L.O's. 9750 and 10600.
*Easy way to find yours is maps.google.com zoom into your location and right click, select "What's Here" look in the location text area.

Are you getting signal on the other Sats? If not, setting up the motor can be confusing the first time. Follow that manual carefully.

Hi I'm lock on 119W. @ 85% signal & 98 quality, and there'r all scramble birds, and I do a scan and all other sat failed.

I'm pretty sure 119 is a circular sat.That could be your problem.
You might have the wrong lnbf for the other birds-Which are linear
Most any dishnetwork or dtv signals are fairly easy to pick up.
They apparently have stronger signals coming downstream.

I had a PM 900S motor & seem to recall that the latitude scale on the bracket wasn't very accurate. Use a magnetic angle finder to set your motor latitude then peak your true south sat.
Here's the quick setup .doc:

Attachments

• PM900.doc
    40 KB · Views: 1,264
Status
Please reply by conversation.