I have tons of coax I need to unload to pay bills.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

freezy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
Land of Sky Blue Water
Literally tons. I haven't worked since last October and I don't qualify for unemployment.

I don't want to tick off the pub members so I wont list a price

I have 1000' spools of:
import quad rg6 2.2ghz rated
plenum rg11
belden 9248 rg6
twin Siamese quad rg6
4500ft spool aerial rg6 with support wire
1000ft direct bury rg6
7 conductor 18guage direct bury 900?ft

Yep its the biggest Ham-fest there is.

I'd agree about the Ohio Ham-fest as it's a great show, but for him driving 700 miles with gas in the 4 dollar range might cost him more in gas than what he could sell the wire for or have very little profit left.

Maybe get better response if you list these items in the Classified Ad section?
only pub members can post classifieds. I allowed it to be posted here as a one time courtesy due to the situation
Maybe some of your locals will read and want.

I've got like 750 feet already otherwise I'd pick up some....I know there are some other "locals" around who might want some

Last edited by a moderator:
75-ohm coax like RG-6 can be used to directly feed any kind of center-fed dipole antenna. The transmit power handling capability of RG-6 is frequency-related and, at 29 MHz (10-meter band), it's good for about 600 watts. At 3.5 MHz (80-meter band), it's rated for almost 2 KW. This would be fine for many ops' requirements. RG-6 is usually cheaper to buy than RG-11 or similar. So with the number of hams roaming that flea market, coupled with a little salesmanship to familiarize them with RG-6, you might find customers. Take the Mrs. along and call it a holiday to justify cost of going.

Hmm. Will my ICON 730 load to RG6 75 ohm? Book says 50 ohm.

Our local independent cable co. says shipping would not be worth it to her, but for you to check for cable companies within 100 miles or so. If the price is right the RG6 could be gone in a hurry.

Add: Aerial especially !

The feedline cable between transmitter and antenna needs to match the input impedance of the antenna. Yes, your Icom 730 will work nicely into RG-6 if that RG-6 is feeding a center-fed dipole with input impedance of about 75 ohms. If using a yagi antenna, then you need 50 ohm cable and RG-6 would not be suitable.

Using connectorized RG-6 with a ham transmitter, you will need to use an adapter that converts the RG-6 F-connector to match the SO-239 coaxial connector on your radio.

With the current prices of copper, it may be in your best interest to sell it to a scrap yard. We sold a bunch of cat-5 and got $1.10/lb. Copper ranges from $1-$3 /lb. If you have a place close by, it wold save you a lot of trouble.

You have ebay to compete with on price and shipping is killer. I've seen 1000 feet of RG-6 for $45 shipped on there. It is hard to compete with that. I was at an auction a week ago and saw RG-6 going for $30 per1000 ft box or 500 ft dual.

Shipping through ebay would not be any better. Ebay and Paypal charge the seller fees making it even more expensive and they even charge you a commission on the shipping fees.

Literally tons. I haven't worked since last October and I don't qualify for unemployment.

I don't want to tick off the pub members so I wont list a price

I have 1000' spools of:
import quad rg6 2.2ghz rated
plenum rg11
belden 9248 rg6
twin Siamese quad rg6
4500ft spool aerial rg6 with support wire
1000ft direct bury rg6
7 conductor 18guage direct bury 900?ft

as much as i hate the fees, put it on ebay. It will go quick.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts