pansat9500hdx or manhattan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mooonshinner

Original poster
Feb 19, 2011
ky
which woud be best,i now have sv4000,vs ultra,an got open box s10, but it got so hot it stop working,i wont meg4 an s2 channels.help

mooonshinner said:
which woud be best,i now have sv4000,vs ultra,an got open box s10, but it got so hot it stop working,i wont meg4 an s2 channels.help

Good ? What's your setup lnb or lnbf for c-band. Are you wanting both c and ku?

I would say the 1933.

Have u reviewed the microHD it's my new daily driver.

i wont c/ku band channels,ihave mesh dish,i was watching on 87 ,but my openbox10 stop working,now my c/ku band lnb broken now so iam now watching 97 on my smaller dishes,i wont meg4 an s2 channels, is my plan

i found the manhattan for 159.00, dont now about the realsmall receivers ,the open box10 got real hot the sv400/vs ultra never gets hot,so i like larger receivers,if tht makes any sense.

mooonshinner said:
i found the manhattan for 159.00, dont now about the realsmall receivers ,the open box10 got real hot the sv400/vs ultra never gets hot,so i like larger receivers,if tht makes any sense.

Yup that makes sense.

However I can tell you the microHD does not get hot. Just warm.

I have the Manhattan and the microHD and I like the microHD better as the tuner seems more sensitive. (I can pick up stuff on it that the Manhattan wont)

I agree, the tiny sized MicroHD only gets warm. My other larger receivers all get hot. A good replacement that will do what you indicate you want.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

If I were buying another receiver today, it would be the microHD.
And NOT because it was the least expensive!
It'd be based on features 'n reputation of the manufacturer.

edit: Of course, if you can get one of the other two for $30-50 used, maybe I'd reconsider. ;)

posted from iPhone 4

Maybe you need to consider changing the name of the post. As you asked between the Pansat 9500 and the Manhattan , I owned a Manhattan and used to own a pansat 9200. I have read that the Pansat9500 used to freeze/lockup on the Ion 103W/ NBC 105W, Manhattan play them smoothly. Manhattan working at normal temp and the Pansat usually worked slighly medium temp.. Both of them have USA support. Im really miss the lack of RS232 conn on the Manhattan for recovery of the unit. So, I may suggest either one based on your budget since both are great STBs. Pansat close to the $200 and the Manhattan $50 bucks less. Good Luck!

I have the Manhattan and the microHD and I like the microHD better as the tuner seems more sensitive. (I can pick up stuff on it that the Manhattan wont)
Conversely, I've blind scanned in the echostar slate on 121W with the Manhattan, but the MicroHD ( nor the Solomend 800 ) didn't catch it. It's odd, but none of my 3 main receivers is perfect . :) The Manhattan does have component outputs and a large "feel good" remote, if those are important considerations to you. :) No overheat problems with any of my main 3 stb's . That's a real nice change from the past generation of stb's.

The Pansat 9500 is one of the best receiver out in the market, the MicroHD, Manhattan, Megasat all those are Openbox clones with the Ali chipset.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Pansat 9500 is one of the best receiver out in the market, the MicroHD, Manhattan, Megasat all those are Openbox clones with the Ali shitset.

Just because a receiver uses the same chipset manufacturer doesn't make it a clone. Please don't spread such uneducated drivel as fact......

Btw, what chipset does the Pansat 9500 use?
:facepalm

Fine! Won't bother to help next time!

Sorry that you didn't understand my joke poking fun at DK_Sat about the 9500 having an ALI chipset. I wasn't literally asking anyone to open their receiver to look. Sometimes jokes don't translate well in forum posts. Didn't mean to offend you!

Thank you again for helping clarify for the op that his beloved 9500 is built with a chipset that he obviously despises! :D Oh my goodness..... does this mean that the Pansat 9500 is an Openbox clone? LOL!!!!

I find a lot of humor on the forum.
Not all intended. :)
And I saw SatAVs comments quite funny, and thought Brex was playing along.
Well, *I* sure got a chuckle. ;)

I'm laughing with ya, not at ya.
Peace, guys.

iphone 4

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)