Pantec Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Azel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 11, 2005
I thought I would upgrade from my Vistar 2000 to a Pansat Clone - Pantec MS.
Now I don't know what I have. The receiver works and with a really nice picture but the firmware must be really old, as it doesn't list the G10 Bird. It also doesn't have "Smart Search". It has something called "Satellite Search", but it doesn't do anything. The Software Version on the menu is "PFF 7.02". I've tried dowloading a new file from PansatUSA, but just gives gives me an error.

I hope someone out there has experence with this beast.

Hi Azel, welcome to Satelliteguys FTA section :)

I've not used the Pansat/tec although by all accounts it's the same receiver as the Pansat2500.
Is there a switch in the flash software that allows you to bypass version checking?
You may want to try an earlier version of the Pansat software just incase Pansat disabled updating clones in later software.

As always, flashing your receiver is at your own risk etc etc.

Azel said:
The receiver works and with a really nice picture but the firmware must be really old, as it doesn't list the G10 Bird. It also doesn't have "Smart Search". It has something called "Satellite Search", but it doesn't do anything.

satellite sacan will scan the stored transponders on a specific satellite.

weird it doesnt list G10

you need a straight through RS232 cable to do it...instructions are on www.pansatusa.com

Azel said:
I thought I would upgrade from my Vistar 2000 to a Pansat Clone - Pantec MS.
Now I don't know what I have. The receiver works and with a really nice picture but the firmware must be really old, as it doesn't list the G10 Bird. It also doesn't have "Smart Search". It has something called "Satellite Search", but it doesn't do anything. The Software Version on the menu is "PFF 7.02". I've tried dowloading a new file from PansatUSA, but just gives gives me an error.

I hope someone out there has experence with this beast.

First thing you need to do is find out if it's flshed as a Fortec or a Pansat..........When you go to SYSTEM INFO what does it tell you?

Thanks everyone.
After LOTS of searching - I think this Pantec (no writing on the front) can't be upgraded to anything.

"First thing you need to do is find out if it's flshed as a Fortec or a Pansat..........When you go to SYSTEM INFO what does it tell you?"

The System Screen just shows Ver. "PFF 7.02".

I tried upgrading to Fortec - but no go.

you have a Pantec MX... you can definately change the software, but its not quite as easy as the Pantec MS (the one I have)

I am trying to think.. I have seen filesets for the MX that upgrade to either Pansat or Fortec.. I think right now its in Pantec mode (as that sounds like an ancient Pantec firmware) I will look around when I get to the office and see if I can find it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts