Parabolic reflector bent???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MaD MiKe

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
IL
I talked with the installer whilst he installed a Dish 500 to receive sat 129 for the 622 and asked him about my low signal (50 to 60 %) on sat 105 and he agreed that the signal was to low and he tried to tweak.. He said after trying to get a stronger signal that he thought I had a bent dish and the only way to fix the problem was a new reflector. "I want to strongly add he wasn't pushing a new Super Dish to me and only gave me the assesment of the bent reflector." The installer was a treat to work with and I enjoyed his professionalism and patience with my questions and queries..

Anyway I am asking for validation of his assesment with any tweaks and or tricks that you pros may have that he (my installer) might not have encountered yet.. I might add that the dish is over 1 year old so this is not a warranty issue as I understand and if this is to be resolved then the problem is in my lap..

I am open to your wisdom..

yes it can happen. you might have a bent dish. i have had a bent dish right out of the box and cant get any signal, but cant say for sure that is your problem

miguelaqui said:
Soon, you will not need 105, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I really don't know.. Other than it's there.. :confused:

Seriously how can I find out what I am receiving on the 4 sats that I am picking up as 105 might not mean a hill of beans to me and you could be informing me of something I need to learn..

mt_hawley said:
yes it can happen. you might have a bent dish. i have had a bent dish right out of the box and cant get any signal, but cant say for sure that is your problem

same here.. it happens during shipping some times..

I would say if he's in IL he would have to be in the Moline DMA or Champaign DMA as chicago, and St louis Dma's are on a D500... (correct me if im wrong) I belive those are the only two dma's in the state that is on a SD :)

Gentlemen I am receiving the Moline locals on the Super Dish (105?) and this was the only reason that I had it installed and this was contingent upon the installation of the roof mounted OTA antennas and that is done.. So am I getting this right, I am getting Moline locals on 105?

I would also assume that if I were to wait untill the install of all the Dish 1000s in place of the Super dishes then I might have a pick of a whole lot of not used Super dishes here shortly??

Decisons! Decisions!! :confused:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Genltemen seriously I guess it isn't a shame to say I am lost like a year old easter egg when knowing what I am getting off the birds other than 129.. Again I beseech thee in letting me know where I can find out what I am receiving off the sats as 105 might not mean a popcorn fart in the wind to me.. I am just plain up to learning what you can teach me..

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)