Parabolic reflector bent???

MaD MiKe

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
IL
I talked with the installer whilst he installed a Dish 500 to receive sat 129 for the 622 and asked him about my low signal (50 to 60 %) on sat 105 and he agreed that the signal was to low and he tried to tweak.. He said after trying to get a stronger signal that he thought I had a bent dish and the only way to fix the problem was a new reflector. "I want to strongly add he wasn't pushing a new Super Dish to me and only gave me the assesment of the bent reflector." The installer was a treat to work with and I enjoyed his professionalism and patience with my questions and queries..

Anyway I am asking for validation of his assesment with any tweaks and or tricks that you pros may have that he (my installer) might not have encountered yet.. I might add that the dish is over 1 year old so this is not a warranty issue as I understand and if this is to be resolved then the problem is in my lap..

I am open to your wisdom..

yes it can happen. you might have a bent dish. i have had a bent dish right out of the box and cant get any signal, but cant say for sure that is your problem

miguelaqui said:
Soon, you will not need 105, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I really don't know.. Other than it's there.. :confused:

Seriously how can I find out what I am receiving on the 4 sats that I am picking up as 105 might not mean a hill of beans to me and you could be informing me of something I need to learn..

mt_hawley said:
yes it can happen. you might have a bent dish. i have had a bent dish right out of the box and cant get any signal, but cant say for sure that is your problem

same here.. it happens during shipping some times..

I would say if he's in IL he would have to be in the Moline DMA or Champaign DMA as chicago, and St louis Dma's are on a D500... (correct me if im wrong) I belive those are the only two dma's in the state that is on a SD :)

Gentlemen I am receiving the Moline locals on the Super Dish (105?) and this was the only reason that I had it installed and this was contingent upon the installation of the roof mounted OTA antennas and that is done.. So am I getting this right, I am getting Moline locals on 105?

I would also assume that if I were to wait untill the install of all the Dish 1000s in place of the Super dishes then I might have a pick of a whole lot of not used Super dishes here shortly??

Decisons! Decisions!! :confused:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Genltemen seriously I guess it isn't a shame to say I am lost like a year old easter egg when knowing what I am getting off the birds other than 129.. Again I beseech thee in letting me know where I can find out what I am receiving off the sats as 105 might not mean a popcorn fart in the wind to me.. I am just plain up to learning what you can teach me..

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts